This topic is now closed to further replies.

CheriColette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perhaps we should've mentioned that one of the factors tested in the toxoplasmosis study was that of attractiveness in virtual reality defined as "Attractiveness in virtual reality: The respondent stated higher affinity toward several sexual activities but only in virtual reality" It went on to describe several activities which should not be named here.

See? It was related to Second Life! ?

• Like 3

I suspect that the thread was locked more because of its content rather than that it not being SL-specific, and that it not being SL-specific was a sort of excuse for locking it, rather than the reason, even though the rules suggest that it should be SL-specific. It's just my suspicion though.

This sub-forum has been operating as a 'general discussion' forum rather than as a 'general SL discussion' forum, even though it's mostly SL-specific. There have always been non-SL threads in it, including since the new software arrived, and, risking the wrath of SuperTom, I suggest that we continue with it in the same way. Non-SL threads are just a very small percentage of the total, so they aren't exactly swamping SL-specific threads out. If we continue as we always have, and accept the odd lock if and when it happens, then I'm sure that all will be well.

• Like 1

If someone would have asked me if I ever heard of bdsm cats,Right away I would think..Ok,this person has to be in SL..

Is someone gonna tell me there are no fury cats into bdsm?

The only reason I would think the mods would be leery of anything unrelated would be, how the forums were about two or three versions back..

It was like going to political forums..it was just really really bad.. you had people baiting each other into arguing and all kinds of stuff..Threads getting locked all the time because they were just bursting into flames..

So they may be gun shy from those days.. it was bad bad..hehehe

I didn't see the bdsm cat thread.. But even the title sounds related to me..hehehe

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

no fury cats into bdsm

Speaking of ...

In the Disney movie "The Sword in the Stone," Merlin turns Arthur and himself into squirrels for a short time so he can teach Arthur about life.  Merlin even encourages Arthur to lose his virginity with a female squirrel  that is obviously enamored with him.  Arthur refuses her affection though.

However ... squirrels mate for life.  Merlin could have transformed the female squirrel into a human and as such Arthur's squirrel bride would not have shacked up with Mordred (original version) or had an affair with Lancelot (later version)..

If Arthur was a furry he could have avoided all of his tragedies.

If only he had SL to show him how sexy a fluffy tail can be.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

In the Disney movie "The Sword in the Stone," Merlin turns Arthur and himself into squirrels for a short time so he can teach Arthur about life.  Merlin even encourages Arthur to lose his virginity with a female squirrel  that is obviously enamored with him.  Arthur refuses her affection though.

However ... squirrels mate for life.  Merlin could have transformed the female squirrel into a human and as such Arthur's squirrel bride would not have shacked up with Mordred (original version) or had an affair with Lancelot (later version)..

If Arthur was a furry he could have avoided all of his tragedies.

If only he had SL to show him how sexy a fluffy tail can be.

^^This! This 'splains everythang. Well, it 'splains sumpin'. :x

• Like 3

Ok I seen that thread just now..

I have to say,even though Tommy Locked it..It's really nice to see Lindens in the forums again and also,giving explanations as to why..

Where before,the thread would just be locked or disappear and people would be guessing like crazy..

It's just kind of nice to know it's a person rather than a bot  on autopilot doing it..

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ok I seen that thread just now..

I have to say,even though Tommy Locked it..It's really nice to see Lindens in the forums again and also,giving explanations as to why..

Where before,the thread would just be locked or disappear and people would be guessing like crazy..

It's just kind of nice to know it's a person rather than a bot  on autopilot doing it..

It would be nicer if the explanation made sense. If I'm going to get a nonsense explanation for something, I'd rather it came from an autopilot.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It would be nicer if the explanation made sense. If I'm going to get a nonsense explanation for something, I'd rather it came from an autopilot.

They must have seen it as not relating to the section of the forum from what it sounded like to me..

I didn't read but the last page of the thread,so I don't know if there was any sl content in there..But I understood what he was locking it for..

ETA: UPDATE!!

UH OH,Seems there may be reason to say hey bud what'd you do that for? on that lock..

Here is what it say's for this section..

General Discussion Forum

Second Life discussions welcome here! Please follow the community guidelines. <----So I followed to there, like a ninja:ph34r:

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

This is why we can't have nice things: I couldn't even see "from an autopilot," having already formulated a politically inflammatory post that would eventually turn these forums into a nest of frog memes. And because we all know where to find all the frog memes we could want, it's no great loss that we lack them here.

That said, it's a tragic gap in science that the relationship remains unexplored between toxoplasmosis and the compulsion to write LSL scripts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

So there it is - we can post all the not-SL stuff we want in GD.  I'm with Phil now in thinking the thread was closed for some other reason and the 'off-topic' was just an excuse.  Maybe because they'd prefer BDSM general discussions stay in the Adult forum - though don't know why he wouldn't just say that.

• Like 4

Yes the first I heard about the new policy, if there actuallly is one, is Tommys post. 

This is not the only thing in the guidelines that doesn't reflect what mods say or do in the forums (e.g. Links for some things are ok, not for others).

My question: How are we supposed to know which is the real one?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They must have seen it as not relating to the section of the forum from what it sounded like to me..

I didn't read but the last page of the thread,so I don't know if there was any sl content in there..But I understood what he was locking it for..

ETA: UPDATE!!

UH OH,Seems there may be reason to say hey bud what'd you do that for? on that lock..

Here is what it say's for this section..

General Discussion Forum

Second Life discussions welcome here! Please follow the community guidelines. <----So I followed to there, like a ninja:ph34r:

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

This is why I said Tommy's explanation is nonsense. We lobbied for free ranging discussion in GD years ago, and got it. Do note that the very same Tommy Linden pinned the Community Participation Guidelines to the top of the GD thread list and that the locked thread is in that section.

Excuse me while I run over to Amazon to purchase a new needle for my irony meter.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

This is why I said Tommy's explanation is nonsense. We lobbied for free ranging discussion in GD years ago, and got it. Do note that the very same Tommy Linden pinned the Community Participation Guidelines to the top of the GD thread list and that the locked thread is in that section.

Excuse me while I run over to Amazon to purchase a new needle for my irony meter.

Ok but you didn't tell me why,when you said that..hehehehe

I had no idea what you were referring to.. I was confused and curious with your reply..so I decided to dig around for myself to see if anything changed..

I knew I should'a been a detective solving those big cases in the big city..Dad always said I was too little

I'm like dad I'm like 31 now,stop making fun of my height,for Pete's sake.

hehehehe;)

• Administrators

Hey!

So as always, I am only human, which means while my intentions are good, and my result is to give you all the best possible experience with Second Life, within reason, that my actions will not always be perfect. That being said, I hear you all. At this time I have moved the thread to the Adult General Discussion section, and within the guidelines of the Community Participation Guidelines, you all can continue to enjoy the forums.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Tommy Linden said:

Hey!

So as always, I am only human, which means while my intentions are good, and my result is to give you all the best possible experience with Second Life, within reason, that my actions will not always be perfect. That being said, I hear you all. At this time I have moved the thread to the Adult General Discussion section, and within the guidelines of the Community Participation Guidelines, you all can continue to enjoy the forums.

I would just like to say that,I like that you are human..:D

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

Hey!

I'm still keeping the Spice Girls cd!

<3

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.