Sansar

jjccc Coronet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heads up to all film makers who got an early invite into Sansar. After installing Sansar for what seemed an eternity you get to log in and you have to agree to the TOS but its a NDA (None Disclosure Agreement) which no one ever reads because its so long. Anyway i went into Sansar had a look around and started filming, as you do. posted the videos on youtube, Anyway got a very stern email from the Sansar team telling me to remove the video because i agreed to the NDA, so the videos are gone lol, So i've been on Sansar twice now and i don't think i will be going back, looks pretty but very slow to load up           (30 minutes per sim) which for me was way to long, hopefully they will fix it before its released  

I actually DID read the TOU for early content creators (not machinima folks). I backed out after reading the part half way down several times and shaking my head.

And of COURSE you were supposed to read your version before "signing" it. And if your copy was anything like mine it was very obvious that you had no rights to put your film up anywhere.   That's on you.  I won't ask you more about the 30 minutes per sim :D as that is also covered under you NDA. 

Happily I signed many NDAs in our corporeal world so I understood that READING IS REQUIRED.

• Like 2

I see most people like me are finding it takes a huge time to load the sim.  Is it perhaps loading the entire sim before being able to see and use it, as I think I have heard some VR systems do?  I also have a question, sorry but I can't find an answer or help/support link anywhere:  does anyone know how to change my email address for Sansar?  In the Profile Center email address is grey background and I can't seem to change it there.

56 minutes ago, Eccles58 said:

I see most people like me are finding it takes a huge time to load the sim.  Is it perhaps loading the entire sim before being able to see and use it, as I think I have heard some VR systems do?  I also have a question, sorry but I can't find an answer or help/support link anywhere:  does anyone know how to change my email address for Sansar?  In the Profile Center email address is grey background and I can't seem to change it there.

This isn't the Sansar forums :D.  Completely different platforms so I suggest getting in contact with someone in SANSAR :D.

Yes, some worlds do load the whole sim. Not sure if that is still the case at Hi Fidelity but it took awhile there to load things (just a couple of minutes) when it was in alpha. Blue Mars apparently did that. Part of the problem is likely that the folks building the sims (I am not there and have never been there so only conjecture) are making their mesh and textures too heavy. This isn't anything unsual :D.  Cloud Party limited what you could have on your piece of land so far as heavy mesh or ones with high LODs for long distance viewing. I think that was an EXCELLENT idea as it solved a lot of those  "not built as a game asset" problems with content. 

• 2 weeks later...

i visited some more experiences and I become more and more disappointed about Sansar.

The experiences look like installations and sims you find in the destinations of SL. Nice to see and to make some pics but after one or two visits you don't go back because you can't do there anything. I saw an experience with a beach and sea. The sea looked like SL in 2007 without windlight and the palms looked like Eric Linden trees.

No preferences, no daylight to change. no inventory,  There is a long way to go before Sansar will be interesting for a SL resident.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.