Why Do The Lindens Tolerate This Kind of Griefing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, ChinRey said:

For those who thought that was just nonsense, it is actually possible for a viewer to block autoreturn. Or at least it was. It was a Linden who once told me about it and I would have thought a security hole like that would have been something they looked at the moment they became aware of it. Is there anybody who can see if they can reproduce it and post a JIRA if neccessary? Paging @Whirly Fizzle.

Yes it's possible for a griff viewer to bypass autoreturn.  The Lindens know about it & as far as I'm aware there's already a SEC issue filed.

• Like 2

On 16/07/2017 at 3:31 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

Since I'm finding that I have to repeat myself and valid points aren't being comprehended, I'm done with this conversation. You're all welcome to
"talk among yourselves" 

Um, how kind,  /s off.   

Done until you're back with a rinse & repeat, I expect.  My sympathies are now entirely with the dwindling pool of your residents.

Also, WHY are you and your alts banned from the Jira?  Asking for a friend ;)

Edited by Pixieplumb Flanagan
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It appears that the only goal of Pixieplumbs post is to tear Prok down, discredit her, or exact some kind of revenge.

You get a different picture if you read all her posts and not only the last one.

Anyway I'd like to follow this up before I leave this thread:

57 minutes ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

My sympathies are now entirely with the dwindling pool of your residents.

I happen to know that at least one of the people behind Prokofy's troubles does follow this forum occasionally. There's a good chance they read this thread so here's a message to them:

No matter what kind of grudges you hold against Prokofy, the moment you take it out on his tenants or other people who have no and don't want any part in your feud, you've lost. All you have to brag about is a silly, childish game and don't for a second fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I thought flaming wasn't allowed here.

It appears that the only goal of Pixieplumbs post is to tear Prok down, discredit her, or exact some kind of revenge.

It isn't, I wasn't, and if you'd read the whole thread you'd know better.  Prok is irrelevant to me and 'my' sl.  I offered sympathy and was called a troll.  Prok volunteered the information that she and her alts are banned from the JIRA.  I just asked why.  I have no expectation that she will answer.  I have no reason to want to 'discredit her' - I don't rent land, not do any of my sl friends, so we're certainly not in competition.  And revenge?  Bless.  Prok has done me no harm beyond some childish name calling, which I brushed off, because yanno, sticks and stones and all that :D  

The intention (or goal, if you wish)  of my posts is to comment, give my opinion, make a few jokes, you know, the whole purpose of the forum.

In another place you were made unwelcome, and I post there too, occasionally.  I did not agree with you there or then, and you're still wrong.

Good day to you, sir, I say, good day!!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

The intention (or goal, if you wish)  of my posts is to comment, give my opinion, make a few jokes, you know, the whole purpose of the forum.

I was just thinking, there seems to be a whole lot of butthurt.  I think that's all well and fine, so long as it's in good fun!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

In another place you were made unwelcome, and I post there too, occasionally.  I did not agree with you there or then, and you're still wrong.

Good day to you, sir, I say, good day!!

There's something about this post.....a little something...that makes me chuckle..a lot. 

I regularly read other places too, though ;) 

In our house "good day....I SAID GOOD DAY", is something you'll likely hear, multiple times a day

Of course we're a bunch of nutters so, that might explain it :D 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pixieplumb Flanagan said:

Prok is irrelevant to me and 'my' sl.  I offered sympathy and was called a troll.  Prok volunteered the information that she and her alts are banned from the JIRA.  I just asked why.  I have no expectation that she will answer.  I have no reason to want to 'discredit her' - I don't rent land, not do any of my sl friends, so we're certainly not in competition.  And revenge?  Bless.  Prok has done me no harm beyond some childish name calling, which I brushed off, because yanno, sticks and stones and all that :D  

There could be other reasons you hate her and want to tear her down..

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't get a different picture from reading all her posts -- what causes you to think I should?

Well I get a different picture. Perhaps you haven't read all of her posts in this thread. If you start at the beginning, you'll see that Pixie posted helpful stuff for Prok. Everybody did, and Pixie was no different. Unfortunately, Prok isn't above coming down on people when their suggestions don't suit her, especially when the suggesters continue to post that the suggestions are good. That's what happened in this thread.

Anything negative between Prok and Pixie was started by Prok when she called Pixie a troll. That sort of personal attack, albeit quite mild, could have escalated, but it didn't because Pixie brushed over it.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Well I get a different picture. Perhaps you haven't read all of her posts in this thread. If you start at the beginning, you'll see that Pixie posted helpful stuff for Prok. Everybody did, and Pixie was no different. Unfortunately, Prok isn't above coming down on people when their suggestions don't suit her, especially when the suggesters continue to post that the suggestions are good. That's what happened in this thread.

These comments by Pixie don't seem very helpful. They seem to be blaming Prok and are actually quite insulting:

"But when many people have made repeated suggestions to you to mitigate the bullying you suffer, and it IS bullying, and I DO sympathise, you turn those suggestions away, wilfully misunderstand them and refuse to help yourself."

"...but it certainly appears to be the case that you either get griefed a lot more than anyone else, or that it bothers you more than anyone else, or that other people who are griefed simply use the tools available and the problem stops/diminishes/becomes bearable.  Whichever it is, I'm absolutely sure that until you change something that you do this isn't going away.  And you won't change what you do, because you don't have to, and you're not breaking the TOS and the Lindens should fix it."

I don't think Prok understood fully what LL can or can't do until later in the thread, and that is certainly not "willful misunderstanding", or "refusing to help yourself", or "not changing because you don't have to and expecting Lindens should fix it".
It's a very complex issue, and took a lot of explaining...thankfully some were very clear in their explanations.

16 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Anything negative between Prok and Pixie was started by Prok when she called Pixie a troll. That sort of personal attack, albeit quite mild, could have escalated, but it didn't because Pixie brushed over it.

I don't believe we should call people names, but sometimes it's good to look behind what someone was actually saying...and I believe Prok was saying that she believed that Pixie's concern was not genuine (when calling her a 'concern troll') and I have to say I believe the same although I can't be for sure. Perhaps it was similar to how Pixie wished me a good day at the end of our mini-argument?

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

Whether or not Pixie's concerns were genuine doesn't matter. It's what's written that matters. It's the only thing we can go by. For your information, I haven't felt at all concerned for Prok's problems. If you read my post that was removed when this thread returned, you'll know why. But that didn't stop me posting in a positive way. It was only after Prok's replies to everyone that I became a bit more negative and, even then, my posts were only like gentle/undulating waves on the sea and nothing like rough seas.

Pixie started out good in this thread, just like everyone else. Perhaps Prok has a grudge against her for some reason that I'm not aware of, and perhaps the feeling is mutual. I've no idea. And maybe Prok is the one who lowered it somewhat. What I do know is that it was Prok who started with the mild, nothing to write home about, negativity by calling Pixie a troll.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

My take on Prok's problem is that she simply criticized some of the nastiest griefers ever to grace the SL sims, and had the 'audacity' to publicize them. They are retaliating. Bringing up Proks behavior as a social critic, any fights we had with her in the past on her blog or another forum, or the Jira banning... is irrelevant. She has been very well-behaved on this forum -- as much as anyone else has anyway.

12 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

What I do know is that it was Prok who started with the mild, nothing to write home about, negativity by calling Pixie a troll.

I'm sorry, but if someone sh*ts in my face and I call them a name then I'm not going to take responsibility for this "negativity".

In a forum, you have to take responsibity for any name-calling you come out with, regardless of what you think the other person did.

In this case though, I haven't seen anyone sh*tting in anyone's face. The extracts that you quoted don't amount to anything like that, imo.

I could ask what your agenda is, but I won't, so don't tell me, because this bit should not escalate or continue.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

My take on Prok's problem is that she simply criticized some of the nastiest griefers ever to grace the SL sims, and had the 'audacity' to publicize them. They are retaliating. Bringing up Proks behavior as a social critic, any fights we had with her in the past on her blog or another forum, or the Jira banning... is irrelevant. She has been very well-behaved on this forum -- as much as anyone else has anyway.

Fine. Then don't spoil it by dragging it out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I could ask what your agenda is, but I won't, so don't tell me, because this bit should not escalate or continue.

Prokofy is being abused by these griefers, and is being abused by people like yourself and Pixie who actually BLAME her for either the abuse or not being willing to do anything about it (which is untrue).

It's a worthy cause.

And I hate Blender.

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Prokofy is being abused by these griefers, and is being abused by people like yourself and Pixie who actually BLAME her for either the abuse or not being willing to do anything about it (which is untrue).

It's a worthy cause.

And I hate Blender.

Me too - hate Blender, that is :)

I'm sorry, but nobody is abusing Prok. That's all.

Now can we stop it, please?

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.