Seeking Product Testers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there

I am a scripter and I am getting close the the first release of a product I am building. It is an ATM which allows the access of lindens across multiple avatars. I am looking for testers to run through some test cases to ensure the product runs as expected. These test cases will be set steps with expected results. Your job will be to ensure these steps work as expected.

As a reward for helping you will be provided with the ATM free of charge with lifetime updates.

I need people with multiple avatars to enable testing of all sorts of situations

Please contact Raiden Faxel to express your interest in helping.

Absolutely not.

Use your own alts to test this kind of thing. While your intentions may be purely honest and honourable, a product such as this - a scripted item designed to move money (indefinitely once debit permission is given) between multiple avatars - is going to be looked on by anyone with even an ounce of nous as a potential scam.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i'm not so sure... there are several of these systems on MP

This is one that I found on there..I'm not touching anything like that.. sounds like it lets other user the ability to have access to my bank account.It should never go passed alts..

With the ATM you can easily transfer funds to alt avatars without without having to logon more than 1 at a time.

Simply approach the ATM with an alt or whoever you've allowed and "withdraw" $L from your "bank" account. Touch, then submit the amount of $L you want to transfer.

Only avatars added to the payee list will be allowed to withdraw $L from the ATM.

*The owner will instantly be sent an IM of each transaction including the avatars name and amount withdrawn as a safety precaution.*

Safe, easy to operate, and convenient.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Rezz the ATM Server
2. You must select "Allow access" to give the ATM Server permission to transfer funds from your account.
3. Add the names of avatars you want to allow the ATM to be able to transfer funds to by using the "+ payee" button and following the instructions found in the textbox menu.
4. To remove avatars from the list allowed to transfer funds, use the "- payee" button and follow the instruction in the textbox menu.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

8 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

This is one that I found on there..I'm not touching anything like that.. sounds like it lets other user the ability to have access to my bank account.It should never go passed alts..

With the ATM you can easily transfer funds to alt avatars without without having to logon more than 1 at a time.

Simply approach the ATM with an alt or whoever you've allowed and "withdraw" $L from your "bank" account. Touch, then submit the amount of $L you want to transfer.

Only avatars added to the payee list will be allowed to withdraw $L from the ATM.

*The owner will instantly be sent an IM of each transaction including the avatars name and amount withdrawn as a safety precaution.*

Safe, easy to operate, and convenient.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Rezz the ATM Server
2. You must select "Allow access" to give the ATM Server permission to transfer funds from your account.
3. Add the names of avatars you want to allow the ATM to be able to transfer funds to by using the "+ payee" button and following the instructions found in the textbox menu.
4. To remove avatars from the list allowed to transfer funds, use the "- payee" button and follow the instruction in the textbox menu.

hope you don't mind i don't understand why i'm quoted in this response?

Scripting this kind of item is reasonably straightforward.   A script can debit only the account of whoever owns it (and, therefore, the object that contains it) so you'd have to give a debit prim to each avatar whose account is to be debited and have them rez it and grant debit permissions.    The "terminal" would need to communicate with the debit prims in some way, to select an account to debit and  tell it how much to take, and that's going to be the tricky part to keep secure, particularly if it's not always going to be on the same region as the debit prims.

I can see it would be handy for moving money round between alts but I'd always be very worried about granting debit permissions to an object I'm not sure about.    I trust the established vendor systems that need debit permissions but otherwise I wouldn't unless I knew the maker particularly well.

I won't script anything that involves debit permissions that is intended to be sold or passed on, and anything I do script for a particular user I give as full perms so there can't be any question about my having put back doors into the code.

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm confused, why do we need an ATM? If you want to give money to an alt, or anyone at all, just click "pay" on their profile

My guess would be the following scenario:  Some of my alts are premium, but I want all their stipends.  Every few weeks or so, I have to log in to those alt accounts and have them pay me.  If I'm understanding the above, rather than logging in the various alts to pay me, I could use the ATM to take the money from them.

However, I would never trust such a system unless I wrote the script myself.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

I totally agree that you have to be careful what objects you give permissions to, and to use such an item is a risky matter, but so is using a rent box, a donation box, a vendor, pretty much anything that requires the transfer of funds. They all require the permission to transfer funds and trust in the scripter is required. I do have other products on the market and not a single one has a bad review. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Raidens-ATM-System/3776835 If a scripter is untrustworthy is very quickly shows in the comments of their products

The item is not so you can pay to your alts but rather withdrawn money from your alts. It is similar to in item I have already on the market but this one will hopefully be better.

Why not use my alts? As a programmer you should never do the final testing on your own code. The programmer knows what the expected result is and is bias as a tester and often over looks bugs and errors. Getting other people to test the code ensure the tests are genuine and un-bias. I am not asking people to do something they don't feel comfortable doing. If you do feel comfortable then that is perfectly understandable.

I thank you for your replies.

That's not a safety precaution. It's just an after the fact record of what happened.

Safety precaution would be more like requiring the account it was coming from to approve the transaction before payment was made.

(edit: mistyping)

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

can be, but it was about being allowed or not, and your response is totally not about that

Your is what made me aware they were on the MP..So I decided to take a look and show what I found..

The response about the product I found was just what I felt about what I found.. It wasn't anything towards you..

I probably could have separated it a little better..I didn't think it was gonna be that big of a deal really..hehehe

Even with the Alt transfer use case, I still wouldn't use this unless I had written it (that could even be a fun little thing to play around with). Simply because, even if the debits were not a problem (very feasible as I have written a couple for friends so no problem there, full source and line by line explanation supplied for them natch) I still would not be comfortable with the info being passed on without me being aware.

2 hours ago, Raiden Faxel said:

I totally agree that you have to be careful what objects you give permissions to, and to use such an item is a risky matter, but so is using a rent box, a donation box, a vendor, pretty much anything that requires the transfer of funds. They all require the permission to transfer funds and trust in the scripter is required.

Been a long time since I paid a rent box, but for those and donation boxes and vendors when I buy things, I am not giving it an ongoing permission to take money from me.  That is entirely different that me doing a direct one-time payment to someone / something. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.