Inventory Question BETA/Real Server

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello

My real server inventory was a mess so I spent some time to clean it.

On BETA server my inventory is still a mess, the items I cleaned on real server are still here.

Ideally, I would like to delete all my items on BETA server to start with an empty directory.

But if I do that, is it going to delete my real items on real server?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Ted Burt said:

No.
Currently the inventory of the Agni (Main) grid will be merged with the Inventory on the Aditi (Beta) grid, 24 hours after you have visited the beta grid. So if you create something new on the main grid, then logging into the beta grid, the next day you will have that newly created item on the beta grid as well. It's only merging things which aren't already there in the Aditi inventory. Note, it's merging, not replacing. So anything you have on Aditi, will still be there, plus everything from Agni which wasn't there already.

So, if you delete your aditi inventory, it should merge your entire main grid inventory the next day. So you won't have a clean inventory on Aditi for long.

At least that's how it is supposed to work. I wouldn't garantee that it will work flawlessly though.
You could also ask support to wipe out your Aditi Inventory and import your Agni inventory.

Edited by arton Rotaru
  • Like 2

Apart from a very odd instance last week  of items made on beta showing up in Agni inventory (they were there but could not be rezzed and a rare cache clean shifted them and think there were general asset problems either at the time or about to break) I have never had much issue with the inv being replicated. However, unless there was a very compelling reason I think I would avoid making massive deletions for 24 hours or so on Beta. What I have got in to the habit of is being strict about keeping beta inv apart from main in its own set of folders. Tedious but still. Plus can be as messy as I like there, because we all keep our main in totally sane order after all ....

Note that at times the inventory between the beta and "real" grid (Aditi and Agni) don't always work as it  should.  You can certainly clean you beta grid inventory. It will not stay cleaned (in theory) but will match your "real grid" inventory and ADD what you have uploaded or saved on the beta grid. 

That is the theory. I use, there are many times when items that were uploaded on the beta grid, rezzed, linked and taken BACK into inventory are just gone the next day--- like whisps in the wind. Not too handy when you have to redo.  

There were some other MAJOR inventory issues when the new system came into play. I got caught in them. I believe that they are supposedly fixed now. I, however, only let my alt on the beta grid. It took me a week to get my inventory back to a semblance of order last time and I am not going there again.

So maybe a BETTER plan would just be to make a folder FOR the beta grid and move all your things into that folder.   Not as neat maybe but you might save some time working on things that really won't work as you want them to :D

10 hours ago, Ted Burt said:

Ideally, I would like to delete all my items on BETA server to start with an empty directory.

Would you be happy to use an alt account that was just for the beta grid? That's the only way to keep a beta inventory from re-filling with main grid stuff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2480 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.