You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have seen several of you say this before, and I'm really starting to agree; sometimes these forums are really more interesting than SL.

That's not a knock at SL, that's a compliment to y'all :-)

Also, I have never had to shop for an outfit to come to the forums, unlike so many events in SL......

giphy.gif

• Like 11

At the same time I am becoming more active here in the forums, I am becoming more socially active in-world, meeting "new" people I've only heard about before. And it's funny that I have to stop for a moment every now and then to ask myself "Now wait... has so-and-so been in the forums?.." Sometimes there is, but often there is no such connection.

• Like 7

Almost every friend I have in SL I made in the forums -- first the old SL Exchange / XStreet forum, then since 2009 in this one. It's the easiest way to get a real sense of someone's personality and interests. There has always been plenty to criticize about the forums, but better moderation lately has improved a lot of that. 

• Like 7

When I first came to SL so many years ago, I was wandering aimlessly and only managing to meet lots of "wanna f**k?" folks.  I stumbled into the forums a bit before a group of them decided to buy some land and create The Forum Cartel hangout.  I had been enjoying forum interactions with some of these folks and so I decided to force myself past my fear of people / social situations and join them inworld.  It didn't take long at all to feel like I had a new family and my SL changed forever.

My inworld time started decreasing sometime in 2010 and the forums had been revamped a bit before that.  It didn't feel the same and so I stopped visiting here as much. With the reduction of time inworld at the hangout and me not being around the forums much, there was definitely a void in my life.

Even though I still don't get tons of inworld time - though more than the last 5 yrs - these new forums feel more like home again.  I'll forever be grateful for the message from @Maureen Boccaccioabout the forum revamp that brought me back.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 8

54 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

You don't? Why didn't you tell me before!

Right this minute, I am posting from my sofa while wearing my flannel jammies and Grumpy Cat fuzzy slippers. Nothing new, but comfortable on a very lazy Sunday morning!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, AmandaKeen said:

I have seen several of you say this before, and I'm really starting to agree; sometimes these forums are really more interesting than SL.

That's not a knock at SL, that's a compliment to y'all :-)

Also, I have never had to shop for an outfit to come to the forums, unlike so many events in SL......

giphy.gif

Sometimes you don't have to shop for an outfit when attending an in-world forumite event. Breakfast with Hippie for instance. ;)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Can we get a picture of them? (Inspired by the "show your setup thread)

Meow! Saw this after leaving the house for supper, but I managed to find an image :-)  Amazon does not show that they have them any more, but they seem to be available in the UK from a place called Kitsons....

MY left shoe has a band-aid over one eye currently, due to a wiener-dog attack when my sister was visiting :-)
Slippers_1.png

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 7

Also, I appreciate that this forum is one of the few I know of that celebrates diversity.  I rarely hear any of the bitter, bigoted, provincial slandering of whole groups or regions or countries, etc. that I hear elsewhere -- at least not from the regulars here. 

• Like 1

On July 8, 2017 at 10:11 PM, AmandaKeen said:

You mean you have never gone shopping just to have something new to post in the Vanity Thread?

• Like 4

I could not agree more! I was wary to say much in the old forums, afraid to get my head bit off by the nastier forumites. This new forum is such a friendly, supportive place!! It's amazing to, finally, be getting to know everyone here. I just hope that the "nasties" continue to stay away. I also hope that maybe we can revive the forum cartel hangout, I'd be so happy to be a part of that!

• Like 5

I really like the new forums - not just the new look and feel, but the atmosphere is much more comfortable and friendly (as well as still being fun and entertaining to read).  I still don't post as much as many of you do, but I think I may have posted more often since the new forum software came on line than I did in the last 3 years, and that is mainly due to the improved atmosphere.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.