Group disappeared now I can't get on my own land!

VidaPaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

PLEASE HELPPPP!
I can not access my land and there are ban lines around it. It is telling me that my group I deeded it to is not there. I deeded it to a group, however that group isn't showing anymore and I can't even get onto my land. No one else is in the group because I just created it a few days ago to use for this land. People who are allowed access can access it but I can't, there are ban lines around and I can't enter. Have not been lucky in trying to relog, reinstall, etc. It's so freaking frustrating!

4 answers to this question

Thanks for closing the thread, Vida, but it would be more helpful if you could post the information that solved the problem!  Here's what I think happened:

• You created a group, but you were the only member
  • You bought land and deeded it to the group.  The land was on a private estate, not Mainland
  • You set the land to be accessed by group members only
  • After 48 hours, Linden Lab deletes groups that have less than two members in them
  • When the group was auto-deleted, you were of course no longer a member, and so you could not enter the parcel.  Ban lines appeared.

To fix the problem, you could contact the Estate Owner and ask them to set the parcel to public access, or to set the parcel ownership to you personally.

To avoid the problem in the first place, you could either

• Buy your land on the Mainland.  LL will not delete a group with a single member, if that group also owns Mainland
  • Or better yet, invite your own alt to join your group.  Then the group will not be auto-deleted, no matter where it owns land, or even if it owns no land at all.
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.