What are the steps to create an ALT?

1SmoothLarri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, 1SmoothLarri said:

What are the step by step instructions for creating an Alternate Avatar.   I can find now answers to how you actually do this.  Provide screen names/screen shots --- I apologize for being very dumb.

there is no instruction... a alt is nothing more than a second account.. or third...... ..just sign up again with a different username

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 1SmoothLarri said:

What are the step by step instructions for creating an Alternate Avatar.   I can find now answers to how you actually do this.  Provide screen names/screen shots --- I apologize for being very dumb.

The others are right, but I think I need to add a little something.  The use of the term "Alternate Avatar" makes your question ambiguous.

An "alt", as we call them, is an alternate ACCOUNT.  That is, as the others have said, you just go to www.secondlife.com and DON'T sign in as your usual account, then create a new account just as you did the first time.  You need to use a new user name, of course, but you can use the same email you used the first time.  Alts are treated as completely separate accounts by Linden Lab; you can't share your No Transfer inventory items between accounts.

Now, contrariwise, you can have many many many AVATARS for any Second Life account.  As Lindal Kidd, I can be a young woman (which I usually am), a child, a dragon, a horse, a demon from the Pit, a tiny faerie, or a goofy looking little yellow submarine, or any of thousands of other things.  Changing avatars is no harder than changing your clothes in Real Life.  One easy way to change avatars is to click the Avatars button (with a symbol of two people on it) to see a selection of the various starter avatars available to you.  Click a picture to change to that avatar.  When you learn a bit more about Second Life, you'll find out how to completely customize your look, item by item.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.