Why can't I add my paypal account?

natsumi Latour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good day! I need help about putting my paypal account on the billing information but it wont let me add it. I fill up everything like name , card number and etc.. then I click on ADD but nothing happen it just load then says on the top a message "
Please add a credit or debit card to complete your purchase." that's it but nothing happen like I said. I am from asia. My credit card is already verified but i don't know why its not letting it be apply to my secondlife billing information, I don't want to put it directly so I use my paypal account.  Can I please get some assistant to help me regarding with this issue, would gladly appreciate it. Below is the image when I click on the billing information at secondlife website "Add a PayPal account" it directs me to paypal that's what it shows after.

Nlatour.png

Edited by natsumi Latour

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, natsumi Latour said:

Good day! I need help about putting my paypal account on the billing information but it wont let me add it. I fill up everything like name , card number and etc.. then I click on ADD but nothing happen it just load then says on the top a message "
Please add a credit or debit card to complete your purchase." that's it but nothing happen like I said. I am from asia. My credit card is already verified but i don't know why its not letting it be apply to my secondlife billing information, I don't want to put it directly so I use my paypal account.  Can I please get some assistant to help me regarding with this issue, would gladly appreciate it.

not sure what/where you'r trying to add paypal, but on sl you don't need to give your cardnumbers or other info for adding paypal accounts. Be sure you clicked the right window to add your paypal.

Only for CC there wil be asked for name and numbers.

Unless you'r talking about signing up for paypal itself. But you need to be at their support than.

Well I just did mine for the first time and found it very streamlined. I clicked on the add paypal button, which took me to my paypal account where I confirmed that I wanted to add Second Life. Then I went back to  my dashboard, clicked sell told to pay to my paypal...and now just awaiting the transfer. Entire process took under a minute. thank you SL!

Edited by sedonajane Silverpath
  • Like 1

On 08/07/2017 at 4:04 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

To check if your PayPal is verified, log in to your paypal account.  On that main page, lower left, under 'More about your account' - click "See how much you can send with PayPal".
The resulting page should show a "PayPal Verified" logo.

Not seeing that on my PayPal however under Hello again, xxxx you may see "get the most out of PayPal" click that if you see ticks for Account Created, Bank Account confirmed, Card added, Mobile number confirmed, E-mail address confirmed you have a verified PayPal account.

Don't know if it makes any difference but i saw in one of my group chat's yesterday that someone claimed PayPal was blocked as a payment method but i've not seen or heard anything to confirm it

@natsumi Latour The page layout has confused you. You are seeing a "pop up" request from PayPal requesting you add a credit card to PAYPAL. This isn't the Lab asking for a credit card.

PayPal has to have a credit or debit card to process immediate payments. Otherwise, you would need to keep a balance in PayPal. Since PayPal doesn't trust anyone to do that, they require a card be on hand for immediate transactions.

You can prove this to yourself by going directly to PayPal and setting up the card then return to SL and try again. It should work then.

PS: Look at the page's URL. You are on the PayPal site.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Added PS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.