How to remove the Music URL from your parcel

bluelacroix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I am renting a parcel and added a Music URL to the Sound tab in "About Land" (i'm using FS 5.0.7.52912) and I don't want it there now.  I click the "minus" sign but it still stays there.  How do I remove it such that there is no Music URL on the Sounds tab?  I thought I'd ask here first before bothering the sim owner as this seems like it should be simple for me to do.

Thank you so much!

~Bleue

(bluelacroix resident)

6 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was on firestorm and couldn't get it to work,so I ended up having to go into the second life viewer and do it..

In Firestorm, I can remove a URL if there is another one still in the drop down, but yeah otherwise I have to use the SL Viewer to remove the last or only one.

• Like 2

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

In Firestorm, I can remove a URL if there is another one still in the drop down, but yeah otherwise I have to use the SL Viewer to remove the last or only one.

Yea,that's what I ran into..I just couldn't get that last one to commit.. hehehehe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

To remove the last music URL on Firestorm, just select the URL text, delete the text & hit Enter key to save the change.

Yes I tried that as well and couldn't get it to go away..I can't remember if I was still on the older version or the newest one when I did it last..

I think perhaps that this changed with the advent of the PLACES PAGES. I see some listings in media that weren't there before either. It "seems" like you should be able to add a new stream and then choose that from the drop down list to CHANGE. I just realized I have music playing on some parcels that I didn't put there LOL. I never have my music on. So off to investigate. 

OK. You can easily REPLACE an existing music stream just by pasting a new one into the slot that is active. I did that on two parcels and now have some very nice music.  LOL.  

So thanks for this thread.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

14 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yes I tried that as well and couldn't get it to go away..I can't remember if I was still on the older version or the newest one when I did it last..

That's a bug int he current Firestorm version. Try to log on with a different viewer when you want to change the music stream.

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

That's a bug int he current Firestorm version. Try to log on with a different viewer when you want to change the music stream.

You can CHANGE the current music stream in FS as I did that this morning (see earlier post). It did not appear that you could get rid of ALL music in FS though, you had to replace. 

14 hours ago, ChinRey said:

This isn't a known bug.
Can someone who can reproduce the problem file a bug report on the Firestorm JIRA? http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/file_a_jira

I'm unable to reproduce it on Firestorm 5.0.7.
Are you sure that you are pressing the ENTER key on the keyboard after deleting the stream URL?
If you don't press ENTER to save the changes, the stream URL will not be removed.

Last night I confirmed that Whirly's steps work in Firestorm.  The secret is remembering to hit the ENTER key after removing the URL.  Granted, logically just looking at it, I would think I could just hit the minus sign, but that alone will not do it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

If you don't press ENTER to save the changes, the stream URL will not be removed.

Yes, that does it. So not a bug then, just a poorly made GUI.

Edited by ChinRey
Typo
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yes, Whirly's solution works in Firestorm, no question.  I've been doing that for years on my regions & rental parcels.  The minus sign will remove that particular URL from the list of stations in the drop down, the enter key is how you remove it from the window shown after you've highlighted it or entered another one.

Edited by RoxyCyn
Typo
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1771 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.