Show your setup *PIC*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Main computer, running OpenSUSE Leap 42.2: AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor (3300 MHz); 16 GB DDR3 RAM; 1x 256GB SSD, 1x internal HD 1TB (for /home), 1 external HD 1TB (for my daily backups); Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 950 with 2GB Ram; Multicard Reader; BR recorder

Laptop, running Windows 10: it's a cheap hp Laptop with an AMD A6 5200; 4GB RAM, and a AMD Radeon HD 8400/R3 inside

resized_DSCI0088.thumb.JPG.2bb981d147d475d133f5a882568179a9.JPG

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

Like my $3 monitor lifts? 3 plastic dog bowls form the dollar store. woot! :D

WP_20170423_12_02_32_Pro.jpg.77a0435782d612add8e8ad824911616a.jpg

For a second there I thought you were looking out the window of your second life home..Then I realize it's three monitors..hehehe

I've been wanting to do something like that..That or get one of those big curved ones..

I don't even want to look at prices on those yet..hehehe

Looks really neat though =)

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

For a second there I thought you were looking out the window of your second life home..Then I realize it's three monitors..hehehe

I've been wanting to do something like that..That or get one of those big curved ones..

I don't even want to look at prices on those yet..hehehe

Looks really neat though =)

Thank you - its fun but I rarely run SL like that open on all 3, it will actually make you dizzy when flying. LOL! I usually just run SL on the center one and multi task on the other 2 and yes those curved ones are nice, thats what I'll do next time.

• Like 3

*will insert image here later on tonight*

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz (3300 MHz)
Memory: 32680 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 15063)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2

SL can never seem to understand that I'm not at stock clock.  I'm at 4.5ghz and water cooled.

• Like 2

I'll see if I can get a good shot of the computer later when it's darker outside..the sun is blazing through the windows right now and it just looks really neat when it's dark..hehehe

This is what  we have ,although the same thing here..it doesn't show the liquid cooling in the viewer..

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (4007.98 MHz)
Memory: 16334 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 14393)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2

ETA: I finally had to just crawl under the desk to take a picture and still didn't get very good ones..

The first one is with the flash on..We had a couple of the blue fans go bad so we have some black ones in there until we can get around to getting some more..plus he is wanting to put  them along the top also,becayse that's all open and just has some magnet screen to keep the dust out..

I think it has like 3 or 4 fans in there now..It's really quiet though which is surprising..

when it has all the fans with the lights,It really lights up and really looks neat..The motherboard has all these really neat lights all over it in red..

I never got to use one of these already made ones before..I like it..

The picture under this one is just with the flash on the camera off..you'll see we are about 3 fans short or it would really be lit up..

35778618356_b3c72ce1b1_h.jpg

35430832880_a3dd2443ad_h.jpg

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Chase01 said:

@NostollI am also running an Alienware but I went with a desktop. I paired it with a Corsair mechanical keyboard, Steeleseries headset and I run a dual monitor setup.

Yay Alienware ! Never had an issues with them service or otherwise and I am on my second desktop in about 7 years. First had the Aurora and now the Area 51. I know some dont like them but they always been rock solid for me. Awesome KB & Headphones! BTW :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

Yay Alienware ! Never had an issues with them service or otherwise and I am on my second desktop in about 7 years. First had the Aurora and now the Area 51. I know some dont like them but they always been rock solid for me. Awesome KB & Headphones! BTW :D

We were looking at those when we went shopping.. There were so many really nice looking systems when we were looking..We both kind of got all caught up in the neat things like the fan doors opening by themselves like a ship was about to take off..

then we started to think about the kids and nephews and niece thinking it was really neat,like a toy or something..so we figured we would be opening a can of worms to where we would have to always be on them to leave it alone..

So we just went with a really nice tower with a little flash to it..Not enough to make them think it was the family xbox or something..

We call that, preventive maintenance..hehehehe

Anyways,I went ahead and put in pics of our in my other post up top..:)

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

We were looking at those when we went shopping.. There were so many really nice looking systems when we were looking..We both kind of got all caught up in the neat things like the fan doors opening by themselves like a ship was about to take off..

then we started to think about the kids and nephews and niece thinking it was really neat,like a toy or something..so we figured we would be opening a can of worms to where we would have to always be on them to leave it alone..

Hmm, I bet something like that would also catch the eye of my kitties.  One of them loves flashy things that move.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

Thank you! I wanted it to look all pretty with the lights. Next I want to do a new desk in preparation for a bigger monitor setup. I'll do that when I get my next system. The only thing I don't like about this headset is the lack of good base. The model I previously used from Turtlebeach had that in spades. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmm, I bet something like that would also catch the eye of my kitties.  One of them loves flashy things that move.

This is something like one of the ones we were looking at but a newer one..

Those slots open and close as it needs more air or not,I guess..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

Yay Alienware ! Never had an issues with them service or otherwise and I am on my second desktop in about 7 years.

Once you strip all the lights and whistles (some more literal  than they should be) they pack on, Alienware lives up to its name in performance.  Otherwise 25% of you CPU power is taken up by making the the case change colors :(

16 hours ago, Chase01 said:

That's the old Aurora tower. The new one is slimmer (thankfully) :D

I also replaced my video card with one that has a silent mode. So the fan on the unit only comes on under hard load.

yea,we were looking at the newer ones.but just wanted to show her what I was talking about with those louvers.

21 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Otherwise 25% of you CPU power is taken up by making the the case change colors :(

25% huh?? - Well I am currently running 3 SL accounts on 3 24" monitors each on high graphics and at a 1920 x 1080 resolution, streaming music, browsing the forums, "LIGHTS are ON" on my Area 51 + all the other current processes running and my CPU is only at 13%.

25% CPU usage for the lights huh??

WOW ! ok! whatever!!! :P

Capture12465.JPG.c6395d8cc8ab41bf6fce30c9b59099c6.JPG

Edited by Zsigmond Alcott
Spelling
  • Haha 1

If you're running into an issue with power and you really don't want to swap the PS, you can always consider getting a low voltage video card. This one I am using now uses half the voltage of my old card and is quite a bit better too. Bree is right though. Usually the LED's use very little power.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.