OH, look an anonymous gift :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today when I logged on I had a new item in my received folder, which I thought must have been something I bought last night. But when I opened it and put it on, I didn't recognize it. I looked it up and found it cost way more than I spent yesterday, and all my money was still there, so I couldn't have paid for it. I checked my transaction history and there is no record of my getting a gift. So I am wondering how does this happen, and is there a way I can figure out who gave this to me to give them a proper thank you.

• Like 2

It came via "buy as gift" from the Market Place.  There should have been an IM sent but it may have been lost in the system notice spam at login.

<

15 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

and is there a way I can figure out who gave this to me to give them a proper thank you.

<3

No.  No way at all.  It is a complete mystery, an enigma left by of some eccentric code monkey from years gone by. .

(edit)
Obvious alt is obvious

Edited by Maybie Nightfire
  • Like 2

Oh wow,You don't have sugar daddy hud? I don't know what I would have done without it back when I was dancing.. I would have never known who was sending me what..

I hated getting them all mixed up.. Once I got that and put their names in the notecard,Problem solved..

I owe a lot to The sugar daddy hud..

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh wow,You don't have sugar daddy hud?

No, I didn't even know about it. This is the first time I have ever received something I couldn't track down though.

1 minute ago, Talligurl said:

No, I didn't even know about it. This is the first time I have ever received something I couldn't track down though.

Hehehe,I was just being silly :P

Did you happen to adjust the filter on your inventory at all in the last couple of days? I'll do that sometimes and end up with all kinds of stuff..

That or maybe got it from the hair fair?

I am not aware of adjusting anything, and I had not been to hair fair when i got this item. I am pretty sure I have never even heard of the store this came from, it seemed new to me.

I know who it is, i checked my e-mail, and there was an e-mail, like I said it is someone with very good tastes, both in Clothing and girlfriends. I know what I have to do now.

• Like 1

Just now, Talligurl said:

This jacket and skirt

outfit.png

Oh that's from Gizza,you should get the boots that go with it.They are those really high plates that you like..

I have a couple of those outfits..They are nice,,

What you have to do is go out and have fun;)

• Like 2

Just an aside for other folks wondering and NOT getting an email. If you can REZ the item, you can see a field called "previous owner" or something like that (no inworld to check). YOU (the recipient would be the owner now of course, but the "previous owner" (may just be in Firestorm) is the person that owned it before you. Hence your mystery would be solved.  There are some clothes that have 'cannot rez' scripts in them but for most things this will work. 

I logged back in as I was wondering if you could see that info in proprieties -- for items that you couldn't rez (like a tattoo that wasn't a hud for example) and the answer is no, but here is a screenshot. If someone other than the creator would have sent this, then THEIR name would be in under "last owner".

lastowner.thumb.PNG.00cbde48ad324dc9969c9b223001392c.PNG

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just an aside for other folks wondering and NOT getting an email. If you can REZ the item, you can see a field called "previous owner" or something like that (no inworld to check). YOU (the recipient would be the owner now of course, but the "previous owner" (may just be in Firestorm) is the person that owned it before you. Hence your mystery would be solved.  There are some clothes that have 'cannot rez' scripts in them but for most things this will work. 

I logged back in as I was wondering if you could see that info in proprieties -- for items that you couldn't rez (like a tattoo that wasn't a hud for example) and the answer is no, but here is a screenshot. If someone other than the creator would have sent this, then THEIR name would be in under "last owner".

lastowner.thumb.PNG.00cbde48ad324dc9969c9b223001392c.PNG

Would someone be considered the previous owner if they gifted it directly from the marketplace or a store?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh that's from Gizza,you should get the boots that go with it.They are those really high plates that you like..

I have a couple of those outfits..They are nice,,

What you have to do is go out and have fun;)

Actually the boots that come with the Embellished Corset Set, I like even better and those would go with this as well :)

and yes what I have to do is fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Would someone be considered the previous owner if they gifted it directly from the marketplace or a store?

No, but the Marketplace reference somewhere above said there would be a notice in your Marketplace backend (I can't remember EVER getting that kind of gift so don't know personally). IF it was from a "gift" vendor option in world then I really don't know if there is a way. 

Good point.  And really I don't know the answer LOL. 

6 hours ago, MIstahMoose said:

Somewhere some poor guy is like "ah shiet she didn't even notice me q.q"

Actually I ended up checking the e-mail account that is attached to my SL, which I very rarely look at, and had an e-mail that gave the gifter's name. A reward has been given.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.