Jump to content
Marianne Little

Have you seen the new avatars? July 2017

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

You can drag the outfit folder from the Library onto your avatar, which will replace your outfit & also copy the outfit into the system clothing folder. This will work on any viewer.
If you are using the LL viewer, you should now be able to right click on a Library outfit & wear it directly - LL recently fixed this problem.
This will not work on Firestorm until the next release however - bug report FIRE-21273 - "MAINT-389 No way to wear an outfit from Library besides drag-n-drop" doesn't work on Firestorm

The permission oddity is filed here: BUG-40686 - New default avatars from Library do not have the "Anyone can copy" flag set, resulting in strange behaviour of Library.

This explains much - Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

You can drag the outfit folder from the Library onto your avatar, which will replace your outfit & also copy the outfit into the system clothing folder. This will work on any viewer.

Ah, another example of the SL viewers. amazingly user friendly GUI  ^_^

 

9 hours ago, Klytyna said:

The new stuff is set to copy only no mod no trans, for Alexandria, so the Linden clan member who's inventory serves as the Common Library,

There is not now and has never been an Alexandria Linden, it's only a "placeholder" account, just like Govbernor Linden and Molly Linden and Magellan Linden etc. The name itself is a dead iveaway really but for those who missed it, it's spelled with an i towards the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Oh, I hope not! All good builders have their own style and usually do their best work when they stay within their comfort zone. The Linden Lab builders excel at the "Hobbit meets Mario Bros in technicolor" and the straight lined "1980s American Suburb" styles (and also the "Halloween Scary" style that is kind'a like a crossover between the two). It can be quite ... interesting ... when they try to do "scifi" (always ending up with a distinctive Jetson flavor) and sometimes even when they glue some gears on it and call it steampunk. But superimposing any of their basic styles onto baroque or rococo - I think that's pushing it too far.

Ok, I thought a lot of people instead of a specific group make clothes for Second Life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Ok, I thought a lot of people instead of a specific group make clothes for Second Life.

   A lot of different people make clothes for SL. There isn't a specific group. I think @ChinRey was referring to Linden Lab itself, as they do create clothing/avatar combinations that are free for anyone to use in the library.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

 A lot of different people make clothes for SL. There isn't a specific group. I think @ChinRey was referring to Linden Lab itself, as they do create clothing/avatar combinations that are free for anyone to use in the library.

Ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strangely, the wings of the new angel avatars attach to the hips rather than the shoulders for me. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm using the Firestorm viewer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2017 at 8:27 AM, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

   Wow! The AO checks your shape gender. I really did not expect that level of BS. What happened to "My Imagination"? 9_9

Just to clarify - the script doesn't - and in fact can't - check your gender. It's one of the things Linden was very careful to never let scripts do!

The message is just a regular chat message when you wear it - you are free to entirely ignore it, it can't stop you. But it may inadvertantly deform you a little!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Adeon Writer said:

Just to clarify - the script doesn't - and in fact can't - check your gender. It's one of the things Linden was very careful to never let scripts do!

The message is just a regular chat message when you wear it - you are free to entirely ignore it, it can't stop you. But it may inadvertantly deform you a little!

It can.
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OBJECT_BODY_SHAPE_TYPE

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Adeon Writer said:

Just to clarify - the script doesn't - and in fact can't - check your gender.

I can point you to a femdom that will not let male avatars sit in the chairs if you want to test that "fact" out. :)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×