Private Regions economy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How does people rent out an full 20k prime region for only L$15999, i did some mat and its not a very good business  it cost $295 a month to own a full 20k region thats around L$74000, To just break even, the weekly rent on a full 20k region should at least be L$17652 a week (not including the $600 maintenance fee.), the most commen price for a full 20k sim is L$15999 a week, how do they do it, do they get a special price from Linden Lab because they own so many sims? 

Yes, they obviously get better prices than the official ones. Twice LL has had limtied time offers on "grandfathered sims" with permanent lower tier levels and there is at least one other old special deal the old established big sim owners benefitted from, probably more.

Edited by ChinRey
typo

On 06/07/2017 at 8:10 AM, connormacbride said:

How does people rent out an full 20k prime region for only L$15999, i did some mat and its not a very good business  it cost $295 a month to own a full 20k region thats around L$74000, To just break even, the weekly rent on a full 20k region should at least be L$17652 a week (not including the $600 maintenance fee.), the most commen price for a full 20k sim is L$15999 a week, how do they do it, do they get a special price from Linden Lab because they own so many sims? 

On the grandfather price (USD$195 * 250 * 12) / 52 = 11,250 cost. They are getting quite a nice profit each week.

On the non-grandfather price (USD$295 * 250 * 12) / 52 = 17,019 cost. They make a loss.

Edit; there is quite a trade in grandfather sims, there is a concierge-ish like group called "forsaleby..." (I forget the exact name now), where they are commonly posted.

Edited by Callum Meriman

On 7/13/2017 at 1:39 AM, Callum Meriman said:

On the grandfather price (USD$195 * 250 * 12) / 52 = 11,250 cost. They are getting quite a nice profit each week.

On the non-grandfather price (USD$295 * 250 * 12) / 52 = 17,019 cost. They make a loss.

Edit; there is quite a trade in grandfather sims, there is a concierge-ish like group called "forsaleby..." (I forget the exact name now), where they are commonly posted.

It's called For Sale By Owner, usually fueled with banters more than trade.

Most memorable one was the review by a buyer after visiting a sim for sale

"I have visited the place
NOTE: The parcel is a landlocked, brown and barren hilltop"

next to all what is said already... perhaps this too.. :)

don't forget lot of landlords made their renters pay for the grandfathering and higher prims

as soon the original renter moves, the rent for those sims go to the normal non grandfathered levels again, and the profit is a lot higher.

Same with the 10k extra prims... it's a one time fee, landlords let their renter pay it, but also raise the rent on those sims...

short said: grandfathered ánd the atlas, or any other rebate arrangement, makes the bigger landlords still make a fortune ... not even daring to think about the biggest one who even has her own serverparks docked to SL.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

On 7/20/2017 at 5:54 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

next to all what is said already... perhaps this too.. :)

don't forget lot of landlords made their renters pay for the grandfathering and higher prims

as soon the original renter moves, the rent for those sims go to the normal non grandfathered levels again, and the profit is a lot higher.

Same with the 10k extra prims... it's a one time fee, landlords let their renter pay it, but also raise the rent on those sims...

short said: grandfathered ánd the atlas, or any other rebate arrangement, makes the bigger landlords still make a fortune ... not even daring to think about the biggest one who even has her own serverparks docked to SL.

What's this extra prim thing I want to look into it :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.