Catrie

Fashion Demo question

I've recently  opened up a shop on the Marketplace.  However, I don't have demos.   Do I provide the demos with the exact textures I'll be selling or can I just make a texture that says " demo" on it and put that on the dress form? What's the best way to make the demos? All help is appreciated. :) 

thanks

17 minutes ago, Catrie said:

I've recently  opened up a shop on the Marketplace.  However, I don't have demos.   Do I provide the demos with the exact textures I'll be selling or can I just make a texture that says " demo" on it and put that on the dress form? What's the best way to make the demos? All help is appreciated. :) 

thanks

What "I" like best is the texture that will be on the product turned to grayscale (easy to do in most any graphics program) and with the demo added on top of that. If the garment doesn't have a semblance of what it will look like the person trying on can't tell how well the textures are applied, only test the fit. Both are important. 

• Like 5

One thing I saw recently that I thought was genius. A demo of a shirt that had the name of the store on it. She had other shirts with various things written on them, but this one shirt was just 1L and had her store name on it, so you could see her quality and if you wanted just wear that shirt around, which of course would give her free advertising.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Talligurl said:

One thing I saw recently that I thought was genius. A demo of a shirt that had the name of the store on it. She had other shirts with various things written on them, but this one shirt was just 1L and had her store name on it, so you could see her quality and if you wanted just wear that shirt around, which of course would give her free advertising.

I don't sell many clothes, but even I've done that with free clothes in the past. Seems to be the best option. Let people wear an advertisement as a demo (offering multiple doesn't hurt) so they can get an idea of the quality of your items.

• Like 1

Whatever you do, make sure it's set to No Mod so people can't change it.

If you're texturing full perm mesh, make sure you're following the creator's ToS. You can still offer a demo for free, but it needs to be 'broken' in some way (and more than permissions). A few strategically placed DEMOs written across the texture on a no mod copy will work. If you don't want to have to do two uploads, find another method like attaching a large overhead sign. Whatever fits with your way of doing things and makes it obvious that the person is wearing a demo but still lets them see the important details like fit, colour and quality of your texture work. If you haven't, grab some demos from other stores to see how they do theirs.

And don't forget to set it all to No Mod. :) Cannot repeat that enough.

• Like 2

I am with @Chic Aeon on this. As a buyer I want to see both the fit and the quality of your texturing. Whichever method you choose I'd suggest not making it overly intrusive or it defeats the purpose. I also like when vendors include their fatpack HUD so I can sample every color and all options. I tend to buy more fatpacks from those vendors and rarely buy it from those which do not.

• Like 1

You can leave textures as is on the actual product and just add a little script that would allow the demo version to be worn only once. After a user detaches it cannot be attached again.

Call me in-world and I'll give you a script for that.