Vida84

Hidden lindens and friends list

Question

In the past few days I have been having some issues with my viewers (both Firestorm and SecondLife viewers) I am unable to see my friends list  or my linden amount (which is reading L$??) I can buy items on marketplace but not in world. Could someone give me any advice at all on this please?

2 answers to this question

I can offer advice, but not necessarily a cure.  My advice is to avoid accessing Marketplace from your viewer and not to trust the L$ figure that shows there either.  It's much wiser to access both functions directly from your dashboard (at secondlife.com or by clicking on the "SL Hand" icon at the top of this page).  For a variety of reasons, the L$ figure in the viewer is often not in sync with your account.  You can sometimes goose it into updating by double clicking on the icon itself (not the BUY L$ link) a few times, but that doesn't always work.  When you access Marketplace from your viewer, you are asking the viewer to open a separate browser to do the work, and that browser is not necessarily as efficient as your own.

I'm going to guess that your friends list is not showing up because you have a mild connection problem, so you are not connecting properly to all databases (capabilities) as you log in.  That could account for the funky behavior of the L$ icon as well.  I suggest (1) getting off of wireless, if you are using a wifi connection now, and (2) rebooting both your modem and your router.  Both of those moves should help you get a more reliable connection, so you connect a bit faster and don't lose occasional bits of data.

EDIT:  BTW, I love your name.  I have a good friend named Vida in RL.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2

Trouble loading a Friends List can be your connection or the region may be having a problem connecting to the SL backend. If you need immediate access to your Friends List, try relogging in a different region.