Applies and fitted mesh

TJFSerenity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone I'm pretty new to selling items but was wondering what the best tools are I can use to make fitted mesh for specific mesh bodies for slink and maitreya recently someone wanted 50k per item for mesh models but surely it can't cost that much for some help. I have 3 successful businesses in world and thought I'd try my luck at this only really selling omega applies currently but would love to expand my range

Well actually if a mesh maker is selling to only you and not putting the product out there on the market, then that price is more than fair..  There is one heck of a lot of work involved in making especially fit mesh for specific bodies.. and you need the right software to produce it.  At the very least if you were to try doing it yourself you would need, firstly the developer kits from the mesh body makers you want to design for and you would have to apply for those, most have info in their stores on how to do this.  Secondly you need a good 3D modelling program or programs that will allow you to not only make the mesh but to rig it and weight it to the specific body you want and save the items in the correct format required by LL  There are some that are free and or affordable, i.e. the combination of Blender and  Avastar would work as many do use that combination.  Or some go with highly expensive software like Maya.  In either case there is a learning curve.  So unless you want to tackle making it yourself, then no that price of 50L per item is not out of line at all for exclusive items to you.  If they are selling their mesh work as full perm templates on MP or in a store in SL, then they can reduce that price since they can sell more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TJFSerenity said:

Hey everyone I'm pretty new to selling items but was wondering what the best tools are I can use to make fitted mesh for specific mesh bodies for slink and maitreya recently someone wanted 50k per item for mesh models but surely it can't cost that much for some help. I have 3 successful businesses in world and thought I'd try my luck at this only really selling omega applies currently but would love to expand my range

The next logical step you could take is to start buying full-permission mesh templates, texturing them and reselling them. Maitreya in particular is very reluctant to give their developer's kit to people who don't already have a strong background in making and selling mesh clothing and without it you'll have very little luck trying to make and sell original meshes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.