Is voice morphing free with premium membership?

Carl Thibodeaux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

Voice morphing is included with Premium membership. Also if at some point you decide to opt out of Premium—some headsets do offer that feature. I've personally never used one before so I don't know how it would compare to the one included with your membership but I'd assume it would be comparable.

Note that the voice morphing program is the commercial system marketed by Screaming Bee, which you can buy on line from them (Google for the link).  They have a broader selection than is offered in the SL package and they will create custom morph voices for a price.  I cannot vouch for them personally, but if you are not a Premium SL member the one-time purchase price may be an alternative to paying a monthly fee.

Edited by Rolig Loon

Go ahead and play with it (it's free if you're Premium).  Don't expect too much though.  Voice morphing is best used to create nonhuman voices...squeaky little faeries, basso trolls, electronic robots and so on.  Human voices just don't sound that realistic.  If you are thinking you'll disguise your voice to convince others that you're a person of a different age or gender, you'll likely be disappointed.  

Also, you won't hear yourself as the morphed voice.  (Or, more accurately, you CAN, but it's not recommended.)  The reason is  that there's a transmission lag.  You speak, and you hear your morphed voice a fraction of a second later.  This creates a strange phenomenon.  There may be a name for it, but I'm going to call it "extinction."  When you hear your own delayed voice, your speech slows down in an effort to sync up with it.  After a few words, you sort of trail off into silence.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.