Hair Fair 2017

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

50 minutes ago, MegaRose said:

For the first two days I was unable to even get into the fair, and once I got in it would barely load for me.  That's mostly my fault, my internet connection isn't great.  I'm pretty sure there are freebies I wasn't able to pick up because they hadn't fully loaded and I didn't know they were there.  I bought two hairs (and tried two demos that ended up not working for me) and might go back for a third.  The dryad hair by Aii is really neat and I'd be able to build an entire character around it, if I wanted.

After next weekend it will thin out a lot, thereby reducing a lot of lag.  Most people go in the first week.

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

After next weekend it will thin out a lot, thereby reducing a lot of lag.  Most people go in the first week.

I have no idea at all what my schedule is like next week but hopefully I will have some opportunity to get over there. 

I'm running into a few places that have the demo board in their spots ,but no buy or pay options for them..

Just the touch option shows up on the pie..

They were some nice styles that I liked  too..Just can't buy without a try though..hehehe

i think I'm just gonna grab demos out of group notices and then go and grab the styles I want.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

I hit the whole fair finally and found  four nice styles that I really like a lot..

Plus I got all of their Bunny's,I think there is 24 in the whole collection..They are Soooo Cute and couldn't separate them from their brothers and sisters so got the whole bunch..:D

hehehehe

• Like 1

I am not sure if anyone posted this already but there was a hair fair group that was free to join that gave you access to all the demos for each brand participating in the fair. Some of them even went as far as including a link to their Flickr page so you could preview the design without the extra effort. That was a plus! There is also a gallery on the event site which lists all the brands participating and they also included pictures and landmarks. 

The gallery on the event site is a nice place to start if you want to go in with a plan. I can't even imagine how long it would take to fully explore each booth, trying on product and so on. Its just better to narrow it down some or you'll be there forever and end up spending a lot more $$$ in the process. Before I even hit the event I knew what I was after so I was in and out :ph34r: style!

I was actually shocked at how little lag there was in comparison to my experience last year. I was also surprised that I was able to get in multiple times without much issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannielleSy said:

I hope next year will be the same like previous years that is creative. :x

Why do I have a strong feeling that you might be one of those who put on their most render intense outfit while visiting a crowded, popular fair?

Loading optimisation over "creative" deco trinkets.

Why do I have a strong feeling that you might be one of those who put on their most render intense outfit while visiting a crowded, popular fair?

Loading optimisation over "creative" deco trinkets.

I think we need to accept opinions of others than criticizing it. I live in an democratic country and I know my rights in saying what is appropriate for giving improvements. Well if the design of Hair Fair for you is nice its up to you its fine its your own opinion but each of us have called standards in creativity. 

5 hours ago, DannielleSy said:

This Hair Fair stores are kinda simple. Its not that creative this year unlike the other previous years. I hope next year will be the same like previous years that is creative. :x

While some were pretty plain and simple, I thought there were also some that were quite creative in their designs.

3 hours ago, DannielleSy said:

I think we need to accept opinions of others than criticizing it. I live in an democratic country and I know my rights in saying what is appropriate for giving improvements. Well if the design of Hair Fair for you is nice its up to you its fine its your own opinion but each of us have called standards in creativity. 

Well, while you have the right to express your opinion, everyone else also has the right to express their opinions about whatever you say, whether that be criticism or not.  Nothing about that right says that others have to accept your opinion ('accept' meaning believe as valid or correct).  That is the thing about  'freedom of speech' - it is a two-way street and applies to all.

• Like 1

Some of you misunderstood what I'm trying to say. The one I referring to is the build of the sim its plain and simple unlike before the build of the sim is much more livelier and colorful. I am not pointing out to the items sold in the event. I see most of them and i can truly say that some are amazing but others are not. 

Yeah, the concept of Hair Fair is more about the hair than anything else, so keeping the sim really simple and letting stores do their own individual creativity is probably best for overall lag reduction and therefore making it more accessible to all regardless of computer ability - especially since it is always a popular event.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, DannielleSy said:

The one I referring to is the build of the sim its plain and simple unlike before the build of the sim is much more livelier and colorful.

The point of making the build that simple was, as others have mentioned, to make it as easy to navigate and as lag-free as possible. Since this was a charity event, it's especially important to focus on making it easy for people to move around and buy things, because the higher the number of purchases made, the more the charity benefits.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.