AttisAnt

Extra Arms? Bento Query

So, ever since the hype began about all the new features of ~Bento~ and we all sat with baited breath waiting for the big drop, there was one line I couldn't ignore:

"11 extra limb bones for wings, additional arms, or extra legs."

In the first bullet point under the headline, "Introducing Project Bento", my dream come true. Let's look again:

"additional arms" *clutches holographic Machamp card*

So I waited. Nothing. I waited some more. I inquired. I pressured. I attempted to learn mesh at a snail's pace so that I might accomplish my goals on my own. Agony.

Today, upon closer inspection of the list of bones included in the Bento update, I am now confused. Are there additional arms or aren't there? Is it even possible to create independently moving bento arms for an avatar like...a Hindu god or a D'Jinn or some kind of fighting type pokemon? It seems to me that it would have been included but...I just don't know anymore.

My question is whether or not this feature does in fact exist as advertised or if I'm wasting my own time by looking for it. If it -is- there, I can at least have what I want made custom.

13 hours ago, AttisAnt said:

So, ever since the hype began about all the new features of ~Bento~ and we all sat with baited breath waiting for the big drop, there was one line I couldn't ignore:

"11 extra limb bones for wings, additional arms, or extra legs."

In the first bullet point under the headline, "Introducing Project Bento", my dream come true. Let's look again:

"additional arms" *clutches holographic Machamp card*

So I waited. Nothing. I waited some more. I inquired. I pressured. I attempted to learn mesh at a snail's pace so that I might accomplish my goals on my own. Agony.

Today, upon closer inspection of the list of bones included in the Bento update, I am now confused. Are there additional arms or aren't there? Is it even possible to create independently moving bento arms for an avatar like...a Hindu god or a D'Jinn or some kind of fighting type pokemon? It seems to me that it would have been included but...I just don't know anymore.

My question is whether or not this feature does in fact exist as advertised or if I'm wasting my own time by looking for it. If it -is- there, I can at least have what I want made custom.

There are bones for wings and bones for hind legs. Both of them have multiple joints, but no finger bones like the main arms. The new bones can be repurposed for a wide variety of things - i.e. the added arms you want could logically use the wing bones. Making the arms themselves and animating them would be a custom project.

• Like 1