Sign in to follow this  
Khalilah Hambleton

why my security control does not allow my friend on my land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Probably only can answer the creator of the security device. Send a notecard to the creator asking abour your problem.

4 answers to this question

Probably only can answer the creator of the security device. Send a notecard to the creator asking abour your problem.

Yes, contact the maker of the security device or read the notecard to make sure you are putting her name in correctly.  Perhaps there was a misspelling.

They sometimes need to be deeded if the land is group owned. If the land isn`t deeded to group, you might want to consider doing that and setting the security to allow group members. That way you can just add your friends to the group.

Otherwise if the instruction manual is no help I would agree with contacting the creator for advice.

Check to be sure that you typed the correct name into the security system.  Many (perhaps most?) systems expect you to use the person's username, not a Display Name.  Display names can be convenient, but people are allowed to change them all the time and there is nothing to prevent a person from choosing a Display name that is the same as someone else's, so they are an unwise choice for security systems.  You can see a person's username by looking at her profile, or you can set your own Preferences to display usernames as well as (or instead of) Display names.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.