Nimue Galatea

Sweet, simple female skin?

Hi guys. I'm playing again after a long time, and my skin is really outdated. I'm confused with all of the Catwa, Belleza, Freyas, etc. Can't understand the difference yet... I missed the whole classic avatar to mesh bodies transition, and it's not easy to get the hang of it all.

All of the skins, so far, at Marketplace are Kim Kardashian & Co knockoffs, and I do hate these celebrities with a passion. I'm looking for something dewy, simple, and friendly-looking. Help.

"Catwa", "Belleza" etc are names of companies selling mesh products. If you go to Catwa, for example, you can get a "Catwa" mesh head; the reason you see these names on skins is because they work for those heads only. Be careful about that!

if you want HQ, simple, friendly classic system skin, try:

JM 

JM:Mai Skin - Cosette

Glam affair

Glam Affair - Alice - UBER

Lara Hurley

Pearl

VCO 

VCO NEW

All but the first have switched to making new skins as mesh appliers only I believe, so if you go to the stores you may have to do some digging. Make sure you try demos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nimue Galatea said:

Hi guys. I'm playing again after a long time,

don't jump into the mesh thing yet!... get used first to what it is about and what's for sale.

Get a nicse simple "old"  system skin, there are still a lot around and made new!

When you feel ready for expirimenting, start with demo, demo, and more demo  :)

if you look for a simple start join some groups and stores with lucky chairs,  for free skins, as example 7 deadly s[k]ins

for more info about mesh bodyparts have a look at http://meshbodyaddicts.com/

• Like 2

LAQ doesn't have an MP store, but there is a lovely group gift inworld (Camille) which might suit you. Don't be put off by the serious advert photo, it works on happy av faces too. :) Hopefully the group is still free to join. If search isn't giving you the store (LAQ Avatars), try the creator's profile (Mallory Cowen).

Lumae seems to be moving again. She reinvents herself periodically and I don't know what kind of work she's doing now but her stores have often been favourites in the past.

If you don't mind young, there are some good kawaii skin creators. Had a look in my inventory but I don't seem to have kept LMs for any, sorry. I've never had any luck with skin shopping on MP. I just keep an ear out for MM boards and group gifts (and free group join days) to try places out and then have a look around to see if there's anything suitable for my tastes. They can be tucked away so it's worth asking the creators/managers/store assistants. And demo, always demo. Some of the scowling ones aren't nearly as ill-humoured with the right shape.

20 hours ago, LittleSugarStars said:

"Catwa", "Belleza" etc are names of companies selling mesh products. If you go to Catwa, for example, you can get a "Catwa" mesh head; the reason you see these names on skins is because they work for those heads only. Be careful about that!

if you want HQ, simple, friendly classic system skin, try:

JM 

JM:Mai Skin - Cosette

Glam affair

Glam Affair - Alice - UBER

Lara Hurley

Pearl

VCO 

VCO NEW

All but the first have switched to making new skins as mesh appliers only I believe, so if you go to the stores you may have to do some digging. Make sure you try demos.

LittleSugarStars, thank you so much. I dearly love these skins, especially the Pearl one. Thanks for not laughing at me and for going out of your way to direct me and even guide me a little.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't jump into the mesh thing yet!... get used first to what it is about and what's for sale.

Get a nicse simple "old"  system skin, there are still a lot around and made new!

When you feel ready for expirimenting, start with demo, demo, and more demo  :)

if you look for a simple start join some groups and stores with lucky chairs,  for free skins, as example 7 deadly s[k]ins

for more info about mesh bodyparts have a look at http://meshbodyaddicts.com/

Really appreciate the advice about starting with demo's. Thanks so much!!

14 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

LAQ doesn't have an MP store, but there is a lovely group gift inworld (Camille) which might suit you. Don't be put off by the serious advert photo, it works on happy av faces too. :) Hopefully the group is still free to join. If search isn't giving you the store (LAQ Avatars), try the creator's profile (Mallory Cowen).

Lumae seems to be moving again. She reinvents herself periodically and I don't know what kind of work she's doing now but her stores have often been favourites in the past.

If you don't mind young, there are some good kawaii skin creators. Had a look in my inventory but I don't seem to have kept LMs for any, sorry. I've never had any luck with skin shopping on MP. I just keep an ear out for MM boards and group gifts (and free group join days) to try places out and then have a look around to see if there's anything suitable for my tastes. They can be tucked away so it's worth asking the creators/managers/store assistants. And demo, always demo. Some of the scowling ones aren't nearly as ill-humoured with the right shape.

Thank you for taking your time to help me. :)

• Like 1