accessing beta grid - assistance needed

lightpyro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

what is the current procedure for gaining access to the beta grid for a recently created screenname? I contacted SL, as I read I might have to do, but I don't know how up to date that information was. Any help appreciated.

I vaguely remember alternative ways of testing textures and whatnot without using the beta grid, possibly within a creators product... but I can't remember where I saw it.

I am not sure about any waiting period needed to access the beta grid as it has been a very long time since that was an issue for me, but you can explain more what the problem is perhaps. 

you can tests textures inworld for free by using the LOCAL option. I do this all the time and it works well. Just be sure that after you get the texture you want, you UPLOAD it and then apply it to all surfaces. If you don't everyone else will see the item with a solid gray texture. Testing with an alt is good. 

Go to the texture tab in the build menu and then ADD the texture you want to test. It will show up in the list then when you click on the object you want to add the texture to, just click on the name of the texture in the list. YOU will see it fine. OTHERS will not. 59570f98c6097_localtexture.thumb.PNG.505a6e03937c6b20ba30c84dc1b5393a.PNG

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.