Where are the best beaches?

Anja Medier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/15/2017 at 12:16 PM, Jade Currier said:

If you don't mind the adult content, Blue Water Cove is one of those pristine beaches you don't usually find in Second Life.  There are no stores around, no advertisement with the exception of a board showing the rental sim Blue Water Estates and social media.  The island edges have been meticulously made to actually look like the water's edge, not just ending in sand and then water.  You'll find rain, pink flamingos, lapping shores, seagulls and lots of places to photograph.   This is a bathing suit/nude beach and yes, there may be a few avatars around doing their thing but all in all it's a great place.  

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blue Water Cove/65/92/25

BLUE WATER COVE MOTEL

BWC BOATHOUSE.jpg

i will have to check this one out, 

• 8 months later...

Well the The Dreamer's Island is beautifull. http://world.secondlife.com/place/270fad7c-0519-d122-e69c-abcbe2b2aac0
BUT THEY DONT LET YOU IN :) IF YOU DONT HAVE 2 MONTHS PLAYING, so stupid.
ALSO SECRET BEACH , I've heard bad comments about it...

"HORRIBLE & THEY TREAT YOU SO BAD.

I hate this place so much, they will kick you everytime because you dont have 30 stupid days. Even if you have your pretty mesh avatar you spent money on, with good clothes and you have been playing for 29 days NO they will kick you out. I don't even know why they need the 30 days, they don't even explain it to you. I flied right away after spawn in the map the 3rd time and you get to stay more time but still someone will IM you telling you to leave. I've flied to see around and its not even that pretty to that exclusivity, its ridiculous. 

I've been loving 
this game so much and what I love doing is taking pictures at the beach and this type of threatment of kicking you out from maps cause you don't have enough days is ridiculous, this map made me quit the game cause it's not fair to not let people go in JUST because of the days you have been playing. If you want to prevent Trolls or people with bad behavior just moderate the people who is coming to visit your map and dont JUDGE them just cause of a stupid date."

Edited by SylviaKristhel

4 hours ago, SylviaKristhel said:

I've been loving this game so much and what I love doing is taking pictures at the beach and this type of threatment of kicking you out from maps cause you don't have enough days is ridiculous, this map made me quit the game cause it's not fair to not let people go in JUST because of the days you have been playing. If you want to prevent Trolls or people with bad behavior just moderate the people who is coming to visit your map and dont JUDGE them just cause of a stupid date."

if you moderate while they are IN you'r too late, your sim down, filled wit griefing stuff, lots of drama, missing traffic and your regular visitors leaving.... need more?

So it's a easy choice to keep young aged members out. It's not personal as you take it.

And.. please, don't respond to old threads please. The rules on this section were tightened a bit recenly, these originally selfpromoting threads aren't allowed anymore. Posting in it will still give them the attention they want.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

3 hours ago, Naiman Broome said:

Strange, nobody knows of Las arenas?

Edit, sorry just now see it was a bumped thread ...

On 2-4-2018 at 3:55 PM, Tommy Linden said:

A friendly reminder that the intent of the Favorite Destinations forum is not for you to advertise your club, store, rental property, etc. It is to share locations that you enjoy in Second Life. Did you come across a fantastic art piece and sit and stare at it for hours while you contemplate its meaning and the meaning of life itself? Share it here. Did you stumble across a beach where the sun shined so brightly you burned your toes as you ran across it? Share it here. Did you wander into an enchanted forest, and get turned into a frog by an evil witch, only to be eaten by some forest living animal? I would say share it here, but you are inside the stomach of some mythical creature.

Getting the idea? Let's make sure we are using this category appropriately, if you wish to advertise an event or your store, there are classifieds within Second Life where you can do so, here; Second Life Classifieds.

this section isn't meant to promote your own work/sim/land

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

My personal favourite when I do go to the beaches here is KONA beach with surfing. Quiet, huge waves, beautiful poolside, lovely islands with ocean and volcano views. Kayaking, Surfing, Drinks, Couples and singles spots and no LAG ;-) No lag anywhere's always a big hit for people wanting a smooth day/night out. Also the people there are nice. Well in the years on and off I have visited I have never had any problems whatsoever personally so :D

PS- Sorry I do not currently have an image of me there on my new PC :/ I also would say sometimes some of the best beaches are the ones on actual continents like the likes of Oakworm, Bay City and places not under actual events and destinations that get jam packed over populated and horrifyingly laggy and genuine awkward to move in never mind enjoy. I say this because not every one uses gaming rigs or even an actual PC and there are other options that are lag free in places like Corsica, Gaeta V, Jeogeot, Nautilus, Sansara, Zindra, Satori, Fruit Islands Eden North Sea and my personal favourite on holidays and vacations where I flee everyone :D Heterocera.

I personally live on Corsica which is a beautiful continent to explore around and loads to see and do.

Other places that I have visited for peace and quiet with beaches are- Bembecia, Callista, Caledon-On-Sea, London City, Japan Tempura Island, Black Pearl Pleasure Beach Amusement Park, Caribbean Resort, Bay city pretty much every where as mentioned before just camp out and hide there somewhere no one will bother you especially at the theme park :P and I also kind of like just bowling around the Blake Sea as there's no better way to find a decent beach than taking a Yatch or  a Sail and finding one you like maybe even a home on an island somewhere to become your own beach.

• 1 month later...

There used to be a really nice tropical island sim called Adele, up until a few weeks ago. Hardly anyone ever visited, so it was quite tranquil. I tried to visit yesterday, however, and found out that it had been bought out and turned into someone's private home, which was sad.

Miami is always crowded, but it has never been very friendly. It might be worth checking out. New Brighton has several beaches, but hardly anyone goes there.

My top recommendation would be the Da Vinci Gardens, which has a tropical island area and a reasonable visitor count. I think that it's rated Moderate, but might even be General. Well worth a visit. On arrival, there's a screen up somewhere with TP links to the different areas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.