Should nudity, sex and adult sims only be for premium members?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a little confused as to what the real problem is, and why limiting nudity and sexual activities to premium accounts only would be a solution.  I got confused with the later complaint about non-sexual activities (i.e., free linden games) occurring on 'sex' sims.  

If you don't want to take a chance of ending up on a 'sex' sim, change your maturity ratings so that you can't access adult rated sims.   Just curious as to whether bebejee is a premium member or not...    

2 minutes ago, bebejee said:

LOL! there are RL kids on h ere in adult avs, met a few..

general means general populace, those not seeking perversion but bein lured into it by games set up in sex sims.

These are games that cost you nothing...since you mentioned one of them. You can play it for free, and earn lindens..but the best part is..you don't have to go to lands you don't want to visit  Even lands that spend money so you can earn money :D

Edited by Tari Landar
fix a typo :p

1 minute ago, Tari Landar said:

And I can comment on the topic. Posting in a public forum isn't always the best choice if you only want to hear from people that agree with you.

Though, I know it's your go to modus operandi....it doesn't exactly lend much credit to you :) 

I dont care what you and others think 

Topic was almost poll like not a statement nor demand but some Bs & Bs turned it into something else.

5 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

These are games that cost you nothing...since you mentioned one of them. You can play it for free, and earn lindens..but the best part is..you don't have to go to lands you don't want to visit  Even lands that spend money so you can earn money :D

game tpd me there, i dont read what url is saying just click n go

7 minutes ago, bebejee said:

Nope, that's not how it works. You have to *select for it to TP you there(whether you use the HUD or the website, in either case, you have to select it in local or on the website to even get the TP option). If you don't bother looking at what you're clicking, you've only yourself to blame, lol.

At least folks that own lands that host this particular batch of FREE-for-you-to-play-and-earn lindens--but-not-free-for-us-to-host-games can get a chuckle out of this..and probably add a name to the ban lists ;) 

Just now, Tari Landar said:

Nope, that's not how it works. You have to *select for it to TP you there(whether you use the HUD or the website, in either case, you have to select it in local or on the website to even get the TP option). If you don't bother looking at what you're clicking, you've only yourself to blame, lol.

At least folks that own lands that host this particular batch of FREE-for-you-to-play-and-earn lindens--but-not-free-for-us-to-host-games can get a chuckle out of this..and probably add a name to the ban lists ;) 

No I'm not to blame, I'm not expecting ***** Ville to be hosting games intended for people seeking innocent fun.

6 minutes ago, bebejee said:

No I'm not to blame, I'm not expecting ***** Ville to be hosting games intended for people seeking innocent fun.

The games are intended for people who don't mind putting in some time to get free lindens - which I would likely include people  who seek adult types of fun as well.  Un-check the 'A' in your maturity ratings, and then you won't have to worry about ending up on a 'sex' sim - if you try to TP there, the system will prevent you from doing so.  

I fail to see how this would be solved by your 'poll' question in your original post of whether nudity, sex and adult sims should be limited to premium members.  If that is a poll, my answer is no.  I don't think it would solve any of the issues you've brought up, plus not all adult rated sims necessarily have visible sexual activity occurring in the generally accessed areas (I'm thinking of some stores I've visited that are on "A" rated sims, but I have never seen anything when I've been shopping that would in itself require an "A" rating). 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bebejee said:

Translation...."I don't like their brand of fun, so that makes them perverts. I don't like watching where I walk either, nor should I be held responsible for watching where I walk. I just want people to continue to pay for land, set it up the way *I* want it, and host these games, while I pay nothing and earn free linden from them."

Yeah, you're a peach darlin....a real peach 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Translation...."I don't like their brand of fun, so that makes them perverts. I don't like watching where I walk either, nor should I be held responsible for watching where I walk. I just want people to continue to pay for land, set it up the way *I* want it, and host these games, while I pay nothing and earn free linden from them."

Yeah, you're a peach darlin....a real peach 

guilty conscience trying to justify stuff.thats wrong.

As for your earlier post stating sex sims h ave always hosted fish hunt, well the four years I've been on SL and played it not once was it in a sex sim prior to last December.

LL needs to take note of this, there are RL kids .playign this game forget weirdo adults in kid avatars. sims with cam sex, voice sex hosting it

12 minutes ago, bebejee said:

As for your earlier post stating sex sims h ave always hosted fish hunt, well the four years I've been on SL and played it not once was it in a sex sim prior to last December.

LL needs to take note of this, there are RL kids .playign this game forget weirdo adults in kid avatars. sims with cam sex, voice sex hosting it

Why would I have a guilty conscience? I've paid for you to fish at my land before ;) 

You're flat out lying about the lands...so, nothing you say has much credibility after that.

But have a fantastic evening. I know I will :D 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bebejee said:

If you feel that the fish hunt game shouldn't be hosted on adult sims, it seems to me that is an issue you should take up with the people who run the fish hunt game.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bebejee said:

If someone lied on their account information and is getting into places they shouldn't be.. That's them breaking the rules.Sure hope you reported them, if you knew they were kids for sure.

The viewers come out of the gate, stocked with General content on and the other two versions, an option for those allowed to activate them..

Land owners pick their content rating for their lands,just as the user picks their content they choose to see in their viewer..

That's about the only hand holding option there is..It's up to the user to babysit themselves once they open the other gates..Especially if they have manipulated the rules and getting in under aged to places they shouldn't..

We're not here to baby sit someone elses kids..That or change up because someone doesn't read or understand the ratings to know what they are getting themselves into..

The only ones being put at any kind of risk in this situation are the land owners..The ones putting them at risk if there really is any kind of risk, are the manipulators of the system.

A user kicking their ratings to full on and not understanding the rating system? Well,we can't expect land owners to smoke it for them too.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
changed an s to an f hehehehe
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bebejee said:

I can air my views so mind your own business.

Oh dear. You can air your views but you don't want Tari to air hers. That's not very fair, is it? It smacks a lot of intolerance of others' views when they don't match your own. Can you see why you're isolated in this thread?

Your original question was sensible, and well worth consideration. It was a question, and not a statement. You asked what others thought of the idea. In asking what people thought, you have to accept their thoughts. Instead you switched from it being a question to it being a statement of what you think should be. You can do that, of course, because you already had your own answer, but what can't get away with is objecting to people's thoughts - that you asked for.

So, to your question...

No. It would be a very bad idea to restrict 'adult' activities to premium members. I can't imagine any reason at all for it. Non-premium users have land and homes, and the idea of banning 'adult' activities in their own homes would be utterly ridiculous. There are other reasons that make it an utterly bad idea too, some of which have been stated in the thread, so I won't waste everyone's time by expanding on them.

Treating this thread as a mini poll, you now have the general idea of what the SL population thinks of your idea, so the only thing left for you to do is decide how you yourself can avoid bumping into things you don't want to see. One or two suggestion have already been put forward, but it's up to you how you continue.

• Like 1

I dont care what you and others think 

Topic was almost poll like not a statement nor demand but some Bs & Bs turned it into something else.

Then why did you ask the question in a public forum?

I agree. When you ask for people's opinions, as you did, it is like a poll. But then you chose to argue against the opinions you asked for, to the extent that your question effectively became a statement of your desire, and you chose to argue against anyone who disagreed. You did it. You can't blame others for it.

LOL! there are RL kids on h ere in adult avs, met a few..

general means general populace, those not seeking perversion but being lured into it by games set up in sex sims.

so the "general" population isn't seeking "perversion", only the "elite"? You really need to take this up with Linden Labs rather than show your ignorance and narrow-mindedness in here.

There is nothing anywhere in the Terms of Service that says owners of property on adult sims cannot offer non-sexual attractions to their visitors.

Sexually explicit activities can only be advertised on Adult rated sims, there is no restriction of any kind on where non-adult activities can be promoted.

bebejee, I suggest you change the setting in your viewer so that you are blocked from accessing Adult lands, then you won't be forced to watch the "general" population while they seek their "perversions"

Note to self: add bebejee to the "Do not invite" list for her next party.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

bebejee, I suggest you change the setting in your viewer so that you are blocked from accessing Adult lands, then you won't be forced to watch the "general" population while they seek their "perversions"

Basically after getting a smile reading this thread...  THIS :D

• Like 1

One gets a much clearer understanding of a person simply by looking at their profile

------------------------------------------------------------

"Whatever your mind can conceive and believe the mind can achieve regardless of how many times you may have failed in the past." ~ Napoleon Hill

using the grid just as  a game, not seeking anything in here.

celebrating over a year of freedom from SL vices, Let Go and Let God !

let me make it clear  NO SEX!

------------------------------------------------------

Its obvious now that bebejee had spent over 3 years wallowing in perversion, but now that he's free he doesn't want evil adult landowners to lead him into temptation again. Of course hes not mature enough to practice self control, he want God, Linden Labs and land owners across the grid to do it for him.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed has to had

12 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

One gets a much clearer understanding of a person simply by looking at their profile

------------------------------------------------------------

"Whatever your mind can conceive and believe the mind can achieve regardless of how many times you may have failed in the past." ~ Napoleon Hill

using the grid just as  a game, not seeking anything in here.

celebrating over a year of freedom from SL vices, Let Go and Let God !

let me make it clear  NO SEX!

------------------------------------------------------

Its obvious now that bebejee had spent over 3 years wallowing in perversion, but now that he's free he doesn't want evil adult landowners to lead him into temptation again. Of course hes not mature enough to practice self control, he want God, Linden Labs and land owners across the grid to do it for him.

If that's his motivation, I wonder why he seems to accept sex, nudity, and such as being ok for premium members. There's no sense in that.

Bebe, As said above the power is in your very own hands~ 

But I would like to add as well as turning off the "A" access hit the "M" box and clear it as well. There is a whole continent of G rated land on the old Teen Grid, and it's actually not bad. There are a few people there who found their god and retired from Sex as you seem to have.

Kudos on your change of attitude, and rescue from sin, but being a missionary here is likely pointless.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bebejee said:

You must at some point have indicated your willingness to go to Adult-rated land, since by default your viewer preferences are set not to allow you to teleport there.

If you now want to avoid being teleported to Adult land, simply go to Me>Preferences>General in your viewer (Avatar>Preferences>General in Firestorm, I think) and adjust the setting in the drop-down box "I want to access content rated:".    See the Knowledge Base article for more details.

Do that, and the viewer won't teleport you to A-rated land.  Problem solved.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.