Should nudity, sex and adult sims only be for premium members?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, arton Rotaru said:

After that other virtual world has been mentioned so many times by now, it's more like a promo thread for that VW.

Unless its improved dramatically visually its not a threat to SL, infact it wont be even if it improves, its too limited.

• Like 2

Terrible idea i can remember when there was lots of uproar over LL introducing the adult continent what was then known as Ursula due to all the sims being named Ursula now called Zindra because you needed to be adult verified or have payment info on file to be able to access adult land and also any non adult land that required it

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

No.  As has already been stated, I can run around my G-rated house naked having sex with anyone and the furniture as it is now with zero worry about being seen.

But I would support going back to the $9 setup fee for every avatar.

And besides, since no more last names, creating new accounts isn't nearly as much fun.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

And besides, since no more last names, creating new accounts isn't nearly as much fun.

Maybe they should charge $9.00 for a last name, I would do that.

• Like 8

At this stage I think it would be a terrible idea. I can't even begin to fathom the amount of backlash this would cause.

Instead, they should be looking to drive better awareness around the program. If you were to start asking people in the general community what they know about premium membership—I'd wager that it would be a total mixed bag. From my experience in talking to people it is. 

• Like 1

I think your just shrilling with this thread for RLC.    Really this is SL who cares how they limit nudity to paying customers on some sex game?   Nudity in SL is so much more than sex, and proposing that somehow we force anyone not currently (so to heck with the thousands of players that had memberships and might again) rocking a membership to have to go back to the old default system avi's with under-ware printed on their skin (as almost all mesh bodies are nudes), then remove the right to change skin or own mesh bodies to members only...  would only mean that you could probably be the one to turn the lights out after everyone has migrated to another grid.   However since I believe your just advertising for RLC that's probably what you want to see happen.

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

$9? It was $5 when I created my first alt. I don't remember it ever being $9.

I wanna say when I made my alt,it was $9.00..I think that might have been 2007,but I'd have to look at the rez date to be sure..

I don't remember paying $5.00..$9.00 rang a bell, because I remember beign mistaken by it and thinking it was just some fee that made my alt part of my premium account, which I was wrong about..The fee matched my monthly fee is why I thought that..

I ran around for like a year thinking my alt was premium..that's how much I didn't use my alt..hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

RLC and SL are two separate animals. Apples to oranges.

I had never heard of RLC until the OP posted about it. A quick Google brings me to a VW that just offers ONE thing: SEX. Pixel to pixel magic. There is an Amsterdam here at SL. Why would I want to go and start a new avatar at a site I never heard of when I can get just that and more here? There are wonderful folk here at SL that offer much more than a quick romp on some pose balls. I've seen some educated answers here. I can only think of the answers one would find there.

Leave SL like it is now. People will gravitate to those they want to know. It shouldn't require a membership charge unless the person wants it.

Edited by JessiSweeney
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, JessiSweeney said:

RLC and SL are two separate animals. Apples to oranges.

I had never heard of RLC until the OP posted about it. A quick Google brings me to a VW that just offers ONE thing: SEX. Pixel to pixel magic. There is an Amsterdam here at SL. Why would I want to go and start a new avatar at a site I never heard of when I can get just that and more here? There are wonderful folk here at SL that offer much more than a quick romp on some pose balls. I've seen some educated answers here. I can only think of the answers one would find there.

Leave SL like it is now. People will gravitate to those they want to know. It shouldn't require a membership charge unless the person wants it.

That's that worlds main crowd that it advertises to..It does have some similarities to SL,but you have to pay for those freedoms..I would say more apples and pears..hehehe

There is good people there and more to do than just the sex thing..Some go there to create and to make dance clubs and shops and clothes and hang with friends and other things..Kinda like here..

But yea,there is a lot of sex places there..

I mostly just hang in their forums more than anything..

I've been a member there since 2007..I think I'm a member in just about any virtual world that comes to mind..I just love checking out other worlds..

Soon as one pops up or I find out about it,I'm there securing my name..hehehehe

But really,all the worlds I go and check out,All make me appreciate SL that much more.. There is just no other place that has the freedom to really let your imagination rip to full potential as possible like SL..That I have found anyways..

I agree 100%,leave SL Aloooooone! \o/

hehehehe

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I wanna say when I made my alt,it was $9.00..I think that might have been 2007,but I'd have to look at the rez date to be sure..

My first alt was early 2007. I'm now wondering if it really was $5 or if I'd made a rough conversion in my head and thought of it as £5. Whichever it was, it was definitely 5 :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

don't remember paying $5.00..$9.00 rang a bell, because I remember beign mistaken by it and thinking it was just some fee that made my alt part of my premium account, which I was wrong about..The fee matched my monthly fee is why I thought that..

I ran around for like a year thinking my alt was premium..that's how much I didn't use my alt..hehehehe

And did you think that it was able to do those naughty things because it was premium? :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

And did you think that it was able to do those naughty things because it was premium? :D

I just remember thinking it was part of my account rather than an account of it's own,but since I was already premium,they only hit me up for a one time fee to make it..

I'm in world so I looked up her rez date...it's 12/17/2006..

I decided to google it to see if I could find out what it was back then,because it's been bugging me..I actually found a thread on the topic..Guess who responded to it back in 2012?  Twas Meh :D hehehe

here is the link to it..

$9.95 for multiple ALT basic accounts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.