Did free demos take my money?

bebejee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was using my alt to buy some stuff, its balance was down to just 3L and suddenly as I opened a new item page balance says only 1L remains, saw account and only items appearing are one I got for 1L and 2 free demos, so where did 2L go? 

Wonder if free demos took 2L is it possible? did MP fix few days back create some new issue? so money went to LL or creator?

Edited by bebejee

7 answers to this question

No its not mentioned in transactions only two free demos and a 1 L item are listed, even if I paid 1L  for item out of 3 in balance it means 2L would still be in it, so were is extra 1L? unless demos took it as I now suspect.

Edited by bebejee

1 hour ago, bebejee said:

No its not mentioned in transactions only two free demos and a 1 L item are listed, even if I paid 1L  for item out of 3 in balance it means 2L would still be in it, so were is extra 1L? unless demos took it as I now suspect.

If free demos show $0 in the debt box next to the transaction..That's what was debited for the demos..

Did you check your current amount of Lindens on your dashboard to see if it's the same as what you are seeing in the viewer?

I can't think of much of anything that doesn't show up on transaction history,coming in and going out from the account, really..

Sorry issue resolved, no problems in MP or free demos involved, coincidentally main account and alt carried miminum balance so confusion as page refreshed after login to alt.

Edited by bebejee
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, humblemintypiano said:
  • I believe it was the same for me
  • I actually do think that somethin is up with free demo's.

No, sorry.  A free demo, one for which the purchase screen shows "Buy for $L0?" really IS free, it won't cost you any money.  

A few creators do charge a small fee for their demos, like $L1.  This is an acceptable business practice.  However, this will clearly be shown in the purchase confirmation window.  If you don't want to pay the $L1, don't buy the demo!

Small deductions of money from your account are far more likely to be due to your membership in a group that spreads the cost of search listing fees among their members.  See my blog post, "Disappearing Dollars."

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.