Leaving SL because Linden Labs LACKS to follow TOS

RaversReligion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Dear LindenLabs,

I am writing you this letter because i am angry. I am angry, i am dissapointed and i feel lied to by you and your staff.
For over a year i have been herassed, stalked and bullied by the same person. I file abuse reports, but NOTHING HAPPENS!!
This person herasses me, stalks me, and spreads FAKE NOTECARDS with chats that were supposivly wth me.....
in these note cards he makes me look like an awful person and for some reason he manages to get me BANNED EVERYWHERE
spreading lies and rumors..... ( I myself NEVER use note cards because i know they are fraud sensitive! So i use Gyazo to make solid screenshots. Those cannot be tampered with)
Yet, this is NOT ENOUGH to have this person BANNED FROM SL for VIOLATING TOS, TREATHENING PEOPLE, HERASSING PEOPLE , BULLYING PEOPLE.
and all LindenLabs can say: BLOCK EM!!! What a damn lame excuse LL!! This person keeps making ALTS to come after me, and you have PROOF OF THIS
and still you do not act......

One question for you LindenLabs..... (before i turn my back on you)
WHY DO YOU NOT FOLLOW YOUR OWN TOS? AND LET GOOD PEOPLE SUFFER BECAUSE OF INTERNET BULLIES? WHILE YOU KNOW THAT INTERNET BULLYING
IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE ?? 

i am SICK AND TIRED of being BULLIED and STALKED and you not doing ANYTHING!! :(:(
bye bye LindenLabs!! im going to give my money to ANOTHER BUSINESS that does EARN the RESPECT and does STAND UP for its Policy and its members....

L8ters!!!!! 

13 answers to this question

Hi, sorry to hear about your bad second life but it´s not much they can do. Ban one avatar, that person just makes a new one and another and another....

It´s like avoid viruses. Anti-Virus update, virus update ...

Still, i think lindens really keep themselfs out of troubles with this - Resident to Resident dispute - we´re not getting involved thing.

Have a break calm down, maybe make another avatar or if you cannot deal with leave SL. It´s not worth harm yourself about it, it´s supposed to be fun !

And like Alwin said, dutch ?, posting here doesn´t help much because Lindens don´t often read/answer posts, but you could blow your steam off ;)

Monti

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaversReligion said:

Dear LindenLabs,

<rant>

Just to let you know, these are Resident forums.  While LL does "sometimes" read things, there is no guarantee they will read this particular post.  

2 hours ago, RaversReligion said:

WHILE YOU KNOW THAT INTERNET BULLYING
IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE ?? 

Maybe in some areas, but internet bullying is not actually a crime in many places.  Even in the places where it is a crime, there are many requirements for it to be considered such.  Just calling someone names and saying bad things about them to other people is not enough to make it a crime.

SL is huge.  If you cannot find places to go where this one single person cannot find you, then I doubt you are trying very hard -- or you have somehow given this person enough information about you such that they can always figure out where you'll be hanging out.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

@RaversReligion  It sounds just awful... But, reading your attack on Linden Lab gives me cause to wonder what is really up. And your choice of name... considered with your posts, Raver may just have a deep significance. It is hard to tell without body language and vocal tone and delivery.

It appears you have made 2 posts to the forum. Both are complaints. Neither show a perceptive understanding of Second Life. In the other post, you are on about sex in regions with a moderate designation. And teenagers are involved... shocking. But, really? How is it you knew their ages? Are you inferring from childish behavior? The look of the avatar?

In both cases, the Abuse Reports were read and some action was taken. All Abuse Reports are read and in some way acted on. I know from talking with various Lindens over several years. They all say the same thing. For your benefit, I'll note that the Lindens are NOT homogeneous group thinkers nor do they always agree with company policy, even when respecting company policy and carrying it out. So, the consistent portrayals of how Abuse Reports and the department's handling them is done is highly convincing to me. 

So, I am left wondering if you have given the Lab adequate time to respond or if they are finding your Abuse Reports lack merit?

There are those that abuse Abuse Reports trying to use them to grief others. So, the Lab considers reports with a skeptical eye. If a report cannot be substantiated, it likely gets filed as possible prior behavior. As a trend of similar reported behavior builds up then corrective action may be taken. Obviously, it can take some time.

That 'prior behavior' sword cuts both ways. If the reporter is consistently causing trouble and filing reports that cannot be vetted, the action may be against the reporter. Whether it is a reprimand or just discrediting as a wolf-crier among staff it's hard to say.

Whatever action the Lab does take, they are not going to report it to you.

On the note cards are "fraud sensitive"... and are used to get you banned everywhere... Note cards sent from one person to another can be changed unless they are set to No-Mod. Also, the Lindens can see when a note card is changed. You'll notice that you can write a note card send it to someone, they can reply by adding to it and you can reply adding to their reply. That is 3 versions of the note card and your original in inventory has not changed. The various versions and their creation dates are all available to the Lindens.

Also, the chat logs are available to the Lindens. True, only for a limited time. But, long enough for the Linens to investigate. So, fraud is not much of an issue for the Lindens.

As to getting banned everywhere... I am pretty sure no one here believes that. While I have no doubt you got banned from some places, that it was from someone sending a note card is unlikely. Some Estate Managers and group moderators are gullible. But most quickly learn the games being played on them and adapt. So, banning on receipt of a note card claim is possible but mostly unlikely.

Gyazo is a screen capture app. Images can be edited. How easy or difficult it is on Gyazo doesn't matter. If those are the images used in your complaints as authoritative, you were/are unconvincing. -- I'll point out I can take any full-screen capture, edit it in PS then capture that in Gyazo and send the link along. Yes, screen captures can be faked.

My point here is that so much of your post reveals ignorance of how SL and computers work your claims are blatant suppositions based on a poor understanding. Your writing suggests more emotion that rational thought. The basic message I see is you are claiming to be a victim and it is someone else's fault... 

You aren't going to get much sympathy. Being a victim is your choice.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, RaversReligion said:

: BLOCK EM!!! What a damn lame excuse LL!! This person keeps making ALTS to come after me, and you have PROOF OF THIS
and still you do not act......

Linden Lab says to block because those of us who block, block, and block again, without responding in any other way, ever, find that the problem goes away. 

• Like 7

Just another historical note and interesting memory. In the TOS that I originally OKed almost a decade ago, there was a section about being nice to one another and not letting "race, creed or religion" (not word in the TOS I am sure but that idea) cause people to ask badly to one another. That was a LOT of paraphrasing of a memory but I bet a handful of folks still remember that section (the TOS was much shorter then too I think). 

There was MUCH more griefing back then, but perhaps a bit more overt also --particle bombs, cages come to mind (and we couldn't double click on the ground back then but of course we COULD Ctrl+Alt+H ) :D. 

It IS amazing though how some folks seem to end up in the melee and others of us just do fine. Maybe it is just a mindset.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just another historical note and interesting memory. In the TOS that I originally OKed almost a decade ago, there was a section about being nice to one another and not letting "race, creed or religion" (not word in the TOS I am sure but that idea) cause people to ask badly to one another.

The sentiment is still there, though not in the words you may remember, Chic.  Take a look at the Community Standards, which begin with

"The goals of the Community Standards are simple: treat each other with respect and without harassment, adhere to local standards as indicated by simulator ratings, and refrain from any hate activity which slurs a real-world individual or real-world community. Behavioral Guidelines - The 'Big Six'

Within Second Life, we want to support Residents in shaping their specific experiences and making their own choices.

The Community Standards sets out six behaviors, the 'Big Six', that will result in suspension or, with repeated violations, expulsion from the Second Life Community"

And so on.....  9_9

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

It IS amazing though how some folks seem to end up in the melee and others of us just do fine. Maybe it is just a mindset.

Yes, the reputation you establish in the sims you regularly visit will go a long way towards stopping these sorts of things before they have a chance to get going. I had an issue with someone recently, and decided to just avoid a particular sim for a while to let things blow over. The sim owner got wind of it, he IMed me and asked what happened, he then spoke with the guy involved, and got back with me and said he would not speak to me again and if he did to let him know. I had never even reported it but it got handled, I have to say I wonder when people say their issues never get resolved.

5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

The sentiment is still there, though not in the words you may remember, Chic.  Take a look at the Community Standards, which begin with

Yes, those are there, certainly. Still, somehow ---  it seemed more friendly and less "corporate" way back then when the world was a simpler place and ideas were formed in brief sentences.  Guess it is just nostalgia.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2482 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.