Tumbler – Flickr – ATT/Yahoo Email Users in Trouble – Take Action

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For details and links see: Tumbler – Flickr – ATT/Yahoo Email Users in Trouble – Take Action

Flickr is part of Yahoo, which was purchased by Verizon. So... the close association AT&T and Yahoo had is a thing of the past. June 30, 2017 things will change. The Yahoo ID using an ATT email ID is disappearing. Meaning if that is your ID for Flickr, you ARE going to lose your Flickr account.

Flickr and ATT explain how to make changes and preserve access to your account.

As I write this you have about 3-1/2 days to make changes.

• Like 1

Damn confusing they are about this

You will continue to have full access to your current AT&T email (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.) as these are part of the AT&T family and not owned by Yahoo. You will always be able to access your AT&T email from att.net.

How is that even possible?  Since all of mine require that I login through the mail.yahoo.com portal...  I do not login at all through att and never have.   seriously some screwy happening.

I panicked.... OK now Ive read the article. But I did wonder why there was no warning in Flickr.

I already sign in using yahoo ID (I never use yahoo email, guess I should just in case they sent me a message there) so Im okay I think, though Im never sure how safe flickr is since the takeover. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmmm my sign in to Flickr was through NZ provider Xtra.co.nz which is now Spark and no longer joined with Yahoo.. i think. So I am guessing that's why i cannot log in anymore with my xtra.co.nz email address....no warning. just cannot log in .. 

All I get is this message on the login page.. "Sorry, we don't recognise this email address." 

I've since created a Yahoo ID and created a new Flickr page but my old one is still locked to me.. grrr

Edited by lolalab69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.