Marketplace Order Issue: June 26,2017

Dakota Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Moderators

Greetings!

As I am sure most of you are aware, on June 26, 2017 there was an issue that resulted in the Second Life Billing system going into emergency maintenance.

A large number of orders that were placed through the Marketplace were affected.  

Affected Marketplace orders debited the funds from the buyers account, but did not process the orders correctly and the orders remain in a pending state and will not complete and no items were sent to the buyers/receivers.

Linden Lab is actively working to determine who was affected and to ensure that those affected buyers are refunded as quickly as possible.

At this time it is not necessary to submit a Support Case in order to receive a refund and in order to limit the load on Customer Support, we ask that you do not create a case regarding this issue. 

Once we have determined who has been affected and the accounts are refunded, I will update this posting.  If at that time you were affected and did not receive a refund, you will be asked to create a case so that we can verify the charge and refund you at that time.

Obviously this is going to take a couple of days, so we ask for your patience while we work to get everyone refunded. 

You may monitor the Second Life Grid Status Report for an update:

https://status.secondlifegrid.net

Thank you!

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 6

Thank You for the quick action, and please note I paid twicce, not once for the products, once in Linden and a second from my bank account. I want the products but not duplicates of them. So send the product once, if you can,or refund both purchases, nd I will again try to order them. Please return the funds yo my bank account. and send the product, again Thank You

Eternal

1 hour ago, Dakota Linden said:

Obviously this is going to take a couple of days, so we ask for your patience while we work to get everyone refunded.

9 minutes ago, EternallySensual said:

Thank You for the quick action, and please note I paid twicce, not once for the products, once in Linden and a second from my bank account. I want the products but not duplicates of them. So send the product once, if you can,or refund both purchases, nd I will again try to order them. Please return the funds yo my bank account. and send the product, again Thank You

Eternal

for some reason you forgot the line from Dakota?....PATIENCE as they investigate things...

8 minutes ago, Ephraim Mathilde said:

Please close this issue.

Close the issue because you have your item?... how about all the others?...

• Like 3

Hi Dakota - just as a fyi - Merchants did not receive those funds I believe (at least in my case and the customers who have alerted me to issues).  So once you start redelivering LL will need to credit us the funds as well - not sure whether pending to complete solves that step, but just in case!

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett

2 minutes ago, Alfi Burger said:

Hi Dakota, i still miss 599 L$. #1449339812,  2017-06-26 11:14:49. Maybe you can refund.

Dakota said:

" Obviously this is going to take a couple of days, so we ask for your patience while we work to get everyone refunded. 

You may monitor the Second Life Grid Status Report for an update:

https://status.secondlifegrid.net "

Hello, is the fact that you are still investigating failed deliveries and L$ delivery issues related to huge drop in marketplace sales?

My sales, as well as my friend's sales, dropped down 90% since Monday and it's like that until now. Is marketplace still not working correctly?

Thank you!

Edited by QuestionMarkk

I'm checking this link non-stop since Monday... but ty. 

Still wondering if these things are related or maybe it's just us... 

I understand that sales drop down when there is marketplace or billing maintenance but right now I "only" see "investigating", does it also counts as maintenance? 

Edited by QuestionMarkk

1 hour ago, QuestionMarkk said:

Hello, is the fact that you are still investigating failed deliveries and L$ delivery issues related to huge drop in marketplace sales?

My sales, as well as my friend's sales, dropped down 90% since Monday and it's like that until now. Is marketplace still not working correctly?

Thank you!

I'm not sure how much Dakota or anyone else at LL is monitoring this thread.

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

@Dakota Linden - Is LL going to automatically look into LindenX transactions from that timeframe also?  We are getting questions about issues and not sure whether to tell them to create a ticket on those or not.

Thank you for asking this. I've been wondering the same thing.

32 minutes ago, AvaShaw12 said:

I received notification that i was refunded but the lindens were not pt back in to my account.

Did you check inworld or on the website? Sometimes our inworld linden balance isn't quite caught up. The website will give you the accurate linden balance. Sometimes clicking on your linden balance kickstarts it back where it should be-sometimes not-but worth a shot. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.