Linden went through, no record of transaction, no item

Fenixhellfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Basically just lost 850L, market sent it to the vendor (I hope) and it has NO record of the transaction, it failed, and I never received the item, ontop of that, I'm pretty sure the vendor does not come on SL anymore.. Now I'm forced to open a support ticket, and I'm worried because there is no transaction ID that itl just get turned down. It said to process it when it comes back, how? is it automatic? Do I just wait?

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

Hi there

There was a known issue where customers were debited, items not delivered, and merchants not credited due to the emergency fixes they had to do yesterday it seems.  So these sound like legit issues above.

If it helps - there is a thread here from LL explaining the issue, what they are doing to solve it, and timeline.    I would subscribe to that thread to keep updated so you can track your refunds.   

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/408471-marketplace-order-issue-june-262017/

• Like 2

@Fenixhellfire -- If the transaction does not show up in your Transaction History, it did not happen, and you were not charged.  In the unlikely situation that a charge does show up later on your PayPal or credit card bill, submit a support case at that point or give the billing office a call.  Otherwise, relax.

@sammboi101 -- It sounds like you are in luck.  If you were only buying freebies, wait until the smoke clears and order the same things again.  After all, the worst that can happen is that you end up with two sets of freebies.  :)

26 minutes ago, Fenixhellfire said:

Thats the thing, I had 4197L beforehand, now I have 3,347, and I earn my linden in SL I don't do it via paypal, and the support office phones are down.

Bummer.  With any luck, that will clear up when they put out the fires in the cash vault.  Keep your fingers crossed.  If things are still screwy tomorrow, submit a support case and hope for the best.

Same thing happened here,  Except the market dicided to slap 140 lindens onto the price of my item, which I didn't have (some exchange rateBS)  so the transaction didn't finish.... yet the original 299L of the item was taken straight out of my account... then it asked me to pay the remainder another way... this screen failed and I have not been able to get back to it,   So let's say I get the remaining Linden... how the hell am I supposed to pay it?  And where is this mythical support place to submit the request to fix their mistakes?  Sorry slightly annoyed at the obvious money grabbing here..take the cash and leave me hanging... genuine knowledge and help , not platitudes , would be most welcome.

8 minutes ago, Pejamus said:

Same thing happened here,  Except the market dicided to slap 140 lindens onto the price of my item, which I didn't have (some exchange rateBS)  so the transaction didn't finish.... yet the original 299L of the item was taken straight out of my account... then it asked me to pay the remainder another way... this screen failed and I have not been able to get back to it,   So let's say I get the remaining Linden... how the hell am I supposed to pay it?  And where is this mythical support place to submit the request to fix their mistakes?  Sorry slightly annoyed at the obvious money grabbing here..take the cash and leave me hanging... genuine knowledge and help , not platitudes , would be most welcome.

Your attitude is not conducive to producing the help you desire, Pajamas.  But despite that, here is some "genuine knowledge and help".

Look:  This is not "obvious money grabbing."  This is the Marketplace and payment processing servers having problems.  It does not happen often, but on rare occasions it does.

When you have a problem like a failed transaction, you have two possible routes to go.

1.  Take down the details of the transaction from your Transaction Log or your Marketplace History.  Send them in a POLITE notecard or IM to the creator, explain you did not receive the item, and request a re-delivery.

2.  Go to Help/Support/Create Case at the top of this web page and submit the same transaction data to Linden Lab, asking them to straighten out the problem.

In any case, please don't berate the people who provide answers here in Answers.  We are all volunteers, and residents like you.  We cannot access your account information or make the servers better again.  That's Linden Lab's job, and the way to contact them is to use the Support Case, or for financial issues, to call Billing, at one of the numbers below.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

I am fresh out of platitudes.  As for submitting a support case, open your dashboard at secondlife.com (or just click the "SL Hand" icon at the top of this page) and click on Help >>> Support >>> Submit a Support Case.  It's not mythical at all. 

I suspect that the extra L$ that were "slapped" onto your purchase were actually the transaction fee that you will always have to pay when you buy L$.  In this case, it sounds like you made a poor choice by paying for your Marketplace purchase with your PayPal or credit card account instead of using L$ in your SL account.  Here's the deal:  Whenever you buy L$, you are assessed a fee of 60 cents, no matter how big or small your purchase is.  If you are buying L$299 (about $1.20 worth of L$), that means your 60 cent fee is an additional 50% of the cost.  If you had bought L$5,000 on the LindeX instead (about $20 worth), the 60 cent fee would have only been an additional 3% of your cost.  It almost always makes more sense to buy $10 or $20 worth of L$ every once in a while than to buy a dollar's worth at a time.  That way you won't get killed by the fees.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.