Payment gateway crashed

morlanius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I tried to make a purchase on the marketplace, the order screwed up and i had a warning saying it could not be processed with my payment method (in game lindens). it delivered one item and the other was not delivered and does not appear in my purchased items, but I was charged for it. This doesn't seem to be a problem with the seller its a problem with the MP. it said something about the payment service being down for maintenance and didn't process the order, but it still charged me and 1 item was delivered.

"

We've taken the Second Life Cashier offline for maintenance.

You'll be able to proceed with this purchase when it's back online."

So, I'm down 430 lindens now.

Edited by morlanius

7 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, morlanius said:

Hi,

I tried to make a purchase on the marketplace, the order screwed up and i had a warning saying it could not be processed with my payment method (in game lindens). it delivered one item and the other was not delivered and does not appear in my purchased items, but I was charged for it. This doesn't seem to be a problem with the seller its a problem with the MP. it said something about the payment service being down for maintenance and didn't process the order, but it still charged me and 1 item was delivered.

"

We've taken the Second Life Cashier offline for maintenance.

You'll be able to proceed with this purchase when it's back online."

So, I'm down 430 lindens now.

Same thing happened to me, no history of it, yet I'm down 850L...

Rather than type everything all over again, here's the response I just gave to an identical question elsewhere in the forum:

"That's why we are always warned not to make financial transactions while maintenance is in progress. 

This is a public resident-to-resident Answers site.  The "To Whom It May Concern" folks here are all residents like you.  Lindens rarely come here and will almost never comment on personal account matters. We can't do a thing for you except point you to support.

Double check the Transaction History on your dashboard at secondlife.com (or click the "SL Hand" icon at the top of this page) to get all of the information about your failed purchase.  Then submit a support case to explain the situation.  Include all of the information from your Transaction History."

Please be patient.  I'm sure that you are not the only person who has been inconvenienced by the maintenance issue.  It may take a day or so for Linden Lab to sort through the support cases.

2 minutes ago, morlanius said:

i had no idea until maintenance until the transaction failed

Yeah, that can happen, unfortunately.  When there's regularly scheduled maintenance, it will be announced on your login screen or your dashboard.  This one is unscheduled, which means that something blew up and they are scurrying around to fix it.  The only way you would have known would be to check the Status Blog, which currently says

We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance on our billing systems. While this maintenance is in progress, our billing services, including Process Credit Requests, LindeX and Marketplace, may not be available. Credit card processing may be affected during this time as well. Please check this blog for updates.
Posted 38 minutes ago. Jun 26, 2017 - 12:08 PDT

Few people monitor that blog continuously, so when a problem like this occurs it usually smacks a few unlucky residents.  Linden Lab is usually very quick to repair the damage if you submit a clear, well-documented support case.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, morlanius said:

nothing in the transaction history, and i had no idea until maintenance until the transaction failed.

In the dashboard L$ transaction history, the transaction will show as a payment to Commerce Linden with a description of something like 'MKT Item Purchase' with an order number.  You can then go to the Marketplace and pull the order history that will provide the details of the order.  This is useful to include in the support ticket if some of the items were delivered and only some not delivered.

In the marketplace, click your name at the top.  On the left, click Order History

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2489 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.