Is there a Gilead RP?

11 hours ago, Zekkiel Zerundi said:

Wow.  I bet someone will do this soon.  Great idea!

Hmm a sim where all the guys swagger around in identical black military gear and claim all the females are 'sex slaves', yeah this exists, its called 'Nu-Gor Evolved', all the repellent sexist stupidity of old gor, but without those sissy looking 'dark age tunic' minidress things, and replacing lame horses and bows with Harley Davidsons and AK-47's

Realistically, making an RP sim of this in SL, bearing in mind the typical SL culture would be an insult to the Author, and their reasons for writing the book in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I have been watching the show and this thought crossed my mind also. But I don't think it is suited for SL. In the show you have an oppressive society that I don't think would be fun to RP in for enough people to keep it running. As a handmaid, life would be pretty dull and not much better for the other characters.

31 minutes ago, Jazmina Voom said:

I have been watching the show and this thought crossed my mind also. But I don't think it is suited for SL. In the show you have an oppressive society that I don't think would be fun to RP in for enough people to keep it running. As a handmaid, life would be pretty dull and not much better for the other characters.

The heart of the roleplay would be the battle between the the totalitarian, theonomic government of Gilead and Mayday. Oppressive government vs. rebellion is a common theme that is played out in some rp sims now (such as Cocoon and, presumably, Little Mos Eisley). It could be very interesting. I've never run an RP sim so I don't know how many players it takes to be successful, but I would agree that it would require dedicated people.

On 7/25/2017 at 3:29 AM, Klytyna said:

Hmm a sim where all the guys swagger around in identical black military gear and claim all the females are 'sex slaves', yeah this exists, its called 'Nu-Gor Evolved', all the repellent sexist stupidity of old gor, but without those sissy looking 'dark age tunic' minidress things, and replacing lame horses and bows with Harley Davidsons and AK-47's

Realistically, making an RP sim of this in SL, bearing in mind the typical SL culture would be an insult to the Author, and their reasons for writing the book in the first place.

yes they would totally leave out the meaning and just concentrate on the sex