Couple Poses in Blender using Avastar?

Rumi Shippe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi! I know this is a bit of an older post but I wanted to comment seeing as it's the first thing that comes up on Google for this issue :).

So long story short YES you absolutely can do couples poses with Avastar in Blender. Here is how you would add armatures. 

1. Open up your Avastar Animation Template.

2. Go into another layer (This is just my preference, honestly, you could more than likely do this right in the same layer if you'd like).

3. Move to Object Mode.

4. Select 'Add' in the 3D view window header (It's two buttons left of the interaction mode button). 

5. Select 'Avastar' and then the type of rig you would like to add (If you're going for a bento pose, use 'extended')

That's it! You should see the other armature at this point! As for the 'perfect pose' nope, it won't be perfect haha. Unfortunately, with how different everyone's avatars are shaped you can't really get a 'perfect' pose. With couple poses I would suggest going into the SL Beta testing grid so that you can upload and tweak as needed without wasting your $L.  

I hope this helps :)!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Melody Martian said:

I wanted to comment seeing as it's the first thing that comes up on Google for this issue :).

Now it will still be the first thing that comes up in Google, but with your helpful comment! Smart use of a “Necro” thread, back from the dead!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.