Website log-in system becoming disjointed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It used to be that, arriving via the Dashboard, there was one reliable log-in for everything. Switching between the three main parts, Dashboard, Community, and Marketplace, was easy. It was always a bit hard getting out of the Marketplace area of the site, and I occasionally see mentions of the old XStreetSL in the page texts and pop-ups.

I have an alt for some animation/pose testing and for a couple of role-play sims, and I didn't have any problems when I logged into that account, did some things at the Dashboard, and checked for Server restart plans before logging out. Sometimes I want to get free items from the Marketplace, which I can't gift from my main account to the alt.

Not any more. I have to explicitly log out in all three sections.

My guess is that the system used to use a single cookie, and now uses a different one for each of the main sections. The actual method might be something different, but's that what it feels like: three independent web sites with a shared login page that gives an illusion of coherence.

I expect somebody will shout "security", but the way it works it feels as though nobody is paying much attention to the security. Nobody is looking at the big picture.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.