Linden problem

humblemintypiano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My Lindens are acting as if they are being given to somebody as if I'm purchasing a item of some sort from the market. However this is not true as they aren't being given to anybody all because, of these here issues that do seem to happen, whenever I do happen to gain some l by someone at that time. So please help me fix this issue please if anyone here can ty?

Edited by humblemintypiano

14 answers to this question

9 hours ago, humblemintypiano said:

However this is not true as they aren't being given to anybody all because, of these here issues that do seem to happen, whenever I do happen to gain some l by someone at that time. 

Could you try explaining this part again, please?  I have read it several times now and can't seem to figure out what it all means.  If English is not your native language, I suggest writing the question clearly in your own language.  We will try to translate it ourselves.

14 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Could you try explaining this part again, please?  I have read it several times now and can't seem to figure out what it all means.  If English is not your native language, I suggest writing the question clearly in your own language.  We will try to translate it ourselves.

Well to put it more clearly I am getting this weird cash register sound effect. You know the kind that you hear whenever you make a purchase in the market at the top of the screen, as in right where your content and what not is at or whenever, you are buying something at a store in SL also by the way. Although however there seems to be nothing at all being bought at the time whenever this happens though. As it seems as though my linden dollar's are being sucked, right outa me without notice leaving me with nothing at all to spend at all period.

That is definitely not normal.  I wish that I had understood what you meant earlier.  It sounds as if someone has gained access to your account and is systematically draining it.  I suggest following these instructions immediately >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security

Linden Lab will place your account on hold while they investigate to determine what is going on.

Edited by Rolig Loon

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:35 AM, Rolig Loon said:

That is definitely not normal.  I wish that I had understood what you meant earlier.  It sounds as if someone has gained access to your account and is systematically draining it.  I suggest following these instructions immediately >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security

Linden Lab will place your account on hold while they investigate to determine what is going on.

So does this mean that the L will be given, back to me and everything will be a ok with my account or no?

It means that as soon as you report your suspicion, Linden Lab will lock the account.  That way, if someone else does have access to it, they won't be able to do you more harm.  The Lab can do some careful investigation to find out whether your account really was compromised, and by whom.  If it was, and if they can recover your L$, they will return them.  No promises. This is like any investigation that the police would do in RL if reported a possible theft.  Until the investigation is finished, you won't be able to use the account either, but that's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

You posted your original question almost a week ago, of course, so by now the trail is cold.  If you haven't even reported it yet, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope, but you never know .....

Edited by Rolig Loon

Once again, SEE MY BLOG POST, "Disappearing Dollars."

There are three ways that what is happening to you could be occurring.  One is legitimate, and two are not.

1.  You could belong to groups that spread their group expenses, like the fees for listing the group in Search, among their members.  This is legitimate, but you may want to leave groups that do this, if you don't want to be paying.  The amounts are usually very small, only a few $L.

2.  You could have been tricked into visiting a phishing website and entered your username and password, giving another person access to your account.

3.  You could have accepted and rezzed an object that requested access to your account, and clicked "Allow".  If this object is still rezzed anywhere in world, or you are wearing it, it can take $L from you any time there's any money in your account.  Since your password has not been changed by some stranger, I suspect that this is the most likely situation.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

By the way, where are you when you hear this "cash register" sound?

Well whenever I'm on the account, somehow it appears as if I have ordered something but I haven't as of now it has depleted already 3K, as of right now as soon as I have just logged in so far to my account please someone help? Also I checked everything in my inventory there is nothin in there that can cause me to lose any L what so ever, I have also checked my group's nothin about them seem to have anything to do with it and I never have been in another group that can suck out L from account's either for that matter so what is this item anyways?

22 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

It means that as soon as you report your suspicion, Linden Lab will lock the account.  That way, if someone else does have access to it, they won't be able to do you more harm.  The Lab can do some careful investigation to find out whether your account really was compromised, and by whom.  If it was, and if they can recover your L$, they will return them.  No promises. This is like any investigation that the police would do in RL if reported a possible theft.  Until the investigation is finished, you won't be able to use the account either, but that's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

You posted your original question almost a week ago, of course, so by now the trail is cold.  If you haven't even reported it yet, I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope, but you never know .....

Well I did post the report already but it has not since been answered by the Linden Lab's at all period.

Just now, humblemintypiano said:

Well I did post the report already but it has not since been answered by the Linden Lab's at all period.

Did you follow ALL of the instructions at the  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security site that I gave you?  If you had, your account should be locked now, and you should not be able to log in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.