Purchase of Lindens

vinnie3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So on the 2017-06-19 I purchased lindens on the Best rate buy (Limit buy) I've purchased 10k on a limit rate of L$ 261 / US$1.00.. I am not very smart about the way the Limit buy works.. But i've been waiting for a bit now and i dunno how long could this take for me to receive L$? 

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, vinnie3 said:

So on the 2017-06-19 I purchased lindens on the Best rate buy (Limit buy) I've purchased 10k on a limit rate of L$ 261 / US$1.00.. I am not very smart about the way the Limit buy works.. But i've been waiting for a bit now and i dunno how long could this take for me to receive L$? 

there's 97.660.841 L$ waiting at that rate...might take a bit... but it's the lowest rate at the moment, unless lower rates appear it should fill in a while, but nobody can put a time on it... totally depends on the ones that want to sell their L$.

If you want your money without a long wait.... do a market buy, or buy in the viewer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

there's 97.660.841 L$ waiting at that rate

That was 3 hours ago.  Now there are offers for L$100,697,440 waiting at that rate. You could cancel your order and try buying at L$260/$1, or just use the Market Buy option, as Alwin suggests.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

I tend to look at whatever the Limit Buy autopopulates with and then drop that down $L1-2.  That still results in a rate much better than whatever the default Market buy is, but usually doesn't take much time to fill.  Just under the "Total" amount it will give you an 'Estimated Time to Fill".  At the auto-populated value, that time is often days or weeks, whereas by dropping it just a single $L will often reduce that time to hours or even minutes.

Note that you can always cancel an order and resubmit it with different parameters. Cancel it from you LindeX Order History screen (within Manage L$)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.