TailBlue

What kind of SCI-FI RP would you want!

TailBlue    2

Im interested in knowing what kind of SCI-FI Roleplay sim would you want.

Maybe some kinda action packed scifi city full of places to go and things to do? Maybe outer space filled asteroids and a desert, ice, tropical, or even forest type planet with aliens doing random attacks, politics on the planet, miners mining the asteroid belt. Or even possibly some pirate attacks, or even  mercs being hired to take out target .Maybe even a corrupted government?

What do you want in a scifi sim? What would you like to see there? What would you want to do there?

Id like to know your thoughts.

Edited by TailBlue
Add text

Nyx Karas    8

Personally I've always liked dark dystopian cities with cybernetics and gene-splicing and stuff, maybe mutants, maybe aliens. Corrupted evil governments are always fun, and rebel groups trying to fight against them. Dangerous criminal groups, police forces that are just bad or maybe worse. Evil scientists. Oppression and prejudice and maybe some slavery. But with various fun hi-tech gadgets and weapons.

I don't know, just some thoughts. I'm not super into space travel and space ships and such, but that could probably also work in combination with other things.

• Like 1

TailBlue    2

Thanks ^^ Ive been wanting to know what people out there like as ive seen so many different types of RP sims and Scifi. The types im interested in is dystopian cites, cyberpunk, and space.

What i imaging is a place where you have mercs hired by the goverment to protect the starport and other vitial area. Enforce the laws and take on other contracts for whatever. A main government over planet(s) where space stations are in orbit taking on trade, mining, security, and more. Ships coming in from orbit at the local starport getting checked by security. Politics going on in the city over major topics of the planet(s), trade, fractions, ect. People driving aorund in the city going shoping or even out to the bar to relax. Possibly even rebels in the underground tunnels doing there planning and dirty work. Planet that also has moon or two with mining or outpost on them getting attacked by pirates or even the local trade lanes. Then people being sent to the medical buildings getting treated in the city. 

Thats what i personally like even thoe im usual in space at Scifi sim(s) with my ships waiting for Rp to happen or make Rp. xDStellars mod of DD BW G

• Like 2

Personally I think if it comes to sci-fi RP I like the idea of piracy in space. Something along the lines of flying from system to system exploiting money and riches out of the masses with hacking and technology. I think if that was paired up with an authority figure hot on their tails it could make for a good story!

• Like 1

AmandaKeen    1,071

To refer to pop culture in order to better get the feeling across;

-Bladerunner/Aliens Universe is always at the top of my list. Dark, dystopian, altered humans, shady dealings, conspiracies.

-Zombie Apocalypse does it for me too :-) Think "Walking Dead or World War Z" - trying to rebuild in the ashes and battling the undead and other humans alike.

Big pluses for me;

-No "godlike" player-characters.

-Focus on developing players as opposed to exclusive cliques that run off the new people

-No meters, rolepayed action scenes 

-Strong sense of community is fostered amongst the players.

• Like 2

I don't see a lot of cyberpunk sim around, and the few that do exist are adult only (and by adult, I mean freaky sex). I'm also looking for not-just-family, child-friendly roleplaying. Older kids and teens are just as at home in cyperpunk as adults, and not all roleplaying needs to be about sex bots. Young hackers, street rats from the sprawl, and corp kids out for a good time... There are lots of opportunities for realistic kids, but we're given too few chances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've got ideas of a huge space station that has shops and restaurants and things, maybe on a mining world that allows visitors. Robots, cybernetics, aliens, government spies and sabotage. Just don't have anywhere to play it.

• Like 1

On 10.8.2017 at 2:42 PM, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

I don't see a lot of cyberpunk sim around, and the few that do exist are adult only (and by adult, I mean freaky sex). I'm also looking for not-just-family, child-friendly roleplaying. Older kids and teens are just as at home in cyperpunk as adults, and not all roleplaying needs to be about sex bots. Young hackers, street rats from the sprawl, and corp kids out for a good time... There are lots of opportunities for realistic kids, but we're given too few chances.

that sounds interesting - well not necessarily the kid part, though you DO have a point there...

I´m 100% with you on the sexbots though... adult should be so much more than sex

Jwp1fwl    1

Honestly. I'd say anything that's Star wars or Star Trek hell even Halo related kind of sim. I always wondered what'd it be like to serve apart of the UNSC Infinity and be a spartan V

• Like 1

TailBlue    2
On 8/10/2017 at 8:42 PM, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

You are very right about this stuff. Most cyber-tech scifi sims Ive been to like so are all adult other then the M-rated one i went to (Araxes) -which isn't really cyber-punk more of an desert world with scifi and space RP. I'm in an Merc group that has so many different sections we could and not all everyone even likes it cause you rp the correct way...i mean less say you have colony police and they have...maybe 6 members who don't even know how to do fire and rescue ops and building is on fire with people inside due to a bomb being rped going off. Most would respond to that as less try get the people out and do rookie mistakes...when in truth that scene would need people to section off the area, role in fire trucks and equipment, have an bomb disposal unit ready with drone/robot go inside and check it out...ect but after you do all that and go in get them ect its all over with have people griping OOC that you took there spot light xD when the colonly asked to hire you as military protection XP

TailBlue    2
On 8/23/2017 at 3:42 AM, Jwp1fwl said:

Honestly. I'd say anything that's Star wars or Star Trek hell even Halo related kind of sim. I always wondered what'd it be like to serve apart of the UNSC Infinity and be a spartan V

I have been in RP groups few different Star wars and actual Halo based UNSC group but yea...the leaders were doing bad things and so on which made the groups fall...DON'T let this get you down its only what ive been in but there are actually quite a bunch of Star war based sims which most are only star wars based lore which are really good and some not so much. >< UNSC type Halo sims i haven't found any of them yet but there is probably one or two out there. With Star Trek there is ALOT of that type of RP in SL which seems to one of the most popular based rps on SL.

Alot these sims thoe is only that based set lore upon some show/game/book...which is nice and all but as for me i feel its to restricting at times.

Jo Yardley    68

I'd like a "boring" but realistic one.
What would it be like to live aboard a huge space ship on a very very long journey or to live on a colony on a distant planet.

Just daily life, have a little cabin, not dark and with hissing pipes and steam, but light, bright and more like Apple designed it.
People are spending years in this flying box, they can't get depressed.
Hang out in the bar, do some work in storage, go to the canteen for food, etc.

Same deal with the colonies, nothing super scifi, but just a decade or so into the future, the first generation to live on places like Mars.
Have air generators, try and make the soil functionable, find water, build buildings but mostly just hang out in a little home.

Daily, mundane life.
No aliens, no clones, no laser gunfights.

• Like 3

On 9/3/2017 at 9:49 AM, Jo Yardley said:

What would it be like to live aboard a huge space ship on a very very long journey or to live on a colony on a distant planet.

Just daily life, have a little cabin, not dark and with hissing pipes and steam, but light, bright and more like Apple designed it.

Same deal with the colonies, nothing super scifi, but just a decade or so into the future, the first generation to live on places like Mars.
Have air generators, try and make the soil functionable, find water, build buildings but mostly just hang out in a little home.

Daily, mundane life.

You know, I'd kinda be into that too. A cyberpunk or sci-fi setting where people are roleplaying their lives, rather than always being alien killing mercenaries. Roleplaying living in such a near-future setting and dealing with it could be a lot of fun.

On 9/2/2017 at 8:49 PM, Jo Yardley said:

Daily, mundane life.

This is basically what I'm looking for. Sure things sometimes happen in the game, like a fight breaks out or aliens show up, but most of it is daily life.

• Like 1