Awkward problem

UltraVixenLilith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all, 

Sorry to boyher you but I have a little problem that is really awkward. It's a little complicated so I'm gonna try to explain it the best I can.

I have many avatars, and my main avatar name is Ultravixenlilith Resident. My "alt" is Reveriesolheim Resident. I bought a bento head from Akeruka (Lulu) for Reveriesolheim and I applied the pink lipstick from the akeruka Hud furnished with the head. When I look at it with Reveriesolheim viewer, no problem, it's pink, BUT...When I open another viewer on my computer (I can run up to three viewer with it) to log Ultravixenlilith Resident, I can zoom on Reveriesolheim and...the lipstick appear black! Even her eyebrows are darker and she have some grey hair. I asked to the head's creator but he didn't understand what's the problem. I use Firestorm the latest version (5.0.7.52912) but it was the same with the older version...plus, my husband see the lipstick black too with his personal computer (and some other friends too). I checked for the settings but they are the same between my two avatars... It's really strange... Here is a screenshot I made to let you see the problem:

https://gyazo.com/f2540f7c130f0381f7cbea9a113c6f30

on the left with ultraviexenlilith viewer, on the right with reveriesolheim viewer. On the same computer and with firestorm both with same settings.

Sorry to bother you once again :/

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, UltraVixenLilith said:

Hi all, 

Sorry to boyher you but I have a little problem that is really awkward. It's a little complicated so I'm gonna try to explain it the best I can.

I have many avatars, and my main avatar name is Ultravixenlilith Resident. My "alt" is Reveriesolheim Resident. I bought a bento head from Akeruka (Lulu) for Reveriesolheim and I applied the pink lipstick from the akeruka Hud furnished with the head. When I look at it with Reveriesolheim viewer, no problem, it's pink, BUT...When I open another viewer on my computer (I can run up to three viewer with it) to log Ultravixenlilith Resident, I can zoom on Reveriesolheim and...the lipstick appear black! Even her eyebrows are darker and she have some grey hair. I asked to the head's creator but he didn't understand what's the problem. I use Firestorm the latest version (5.0.7.52912) but it was the same with the older version...plus, my husband see the lipstick black too with his personal computer (and some other friends too). I checked for the settings but they are the same between my two avatars... It's really strange... Here is a screenshot I made to let you see the problem:

https://gyazo.com/f2540f7c130f0381f7cbea9a113c6f30

on the left with ultraviexenlilith viewer, on the right with reveriesolheim viewer. On the same computer and with firestorm both with same settings.

Sorry to bother you once again :/

If you look CLOSELY at your two side by side photos you can see that your HAIR and EYES also look darker in the photo with the darker eyebrows, so I think in part anyway that it is the way the computer is handling the Windlight setting in two instances of the viewer (even if everything is set the same). I notice that often I see things on my alt differently than my alt does, often it is animations but  something definitely does happen differently.

If everyone else is seeing the the makeup darker and you are seeing it lighter, it might be that they are all seeing it the way it was supposed to look and the ONE view that is off is the problematic one. 

As an aside I tried the SlackGirl makeup that came with the head and wasn't all that thrilled so you might want to try another makeup applier and see if that works better for you. 

That's all I can think of.  I have had occasion when my alt looked MUCH taller than I did  from one viewer and not at all with another. I don't understand WHY though. Maybe some techie folks will have an explaination. 

Thank you for your answer :)

The problem is I have 3 Akeruka Heads (Lara, Helen and Lulu) and the problem only appeared with Lulu (Lara's pink lipstick is pink in all my viewers, same for Helen). Plus I asked directly to Slackgirl and she promised the pink lipstick on lulu's HUD is ABSOLUTELY not black as she did the textures herself.

Trying another make-up is not easy at all. There's not much creators for Akeruka's Heads (Sadly...) and Omega's make up never respect my shape and my avatar turn to have a mouth bigger than her breasts xD (By the way, I like Slackgirl's work)

By the way, As you mentionned, I figured out the darker hair and eyebrow too. This is really strange...

Well Thnak you very much :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2495 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.