SL songs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been playing a lot of the hives lately while in world.. I don't know what it is this time around,but quiet music leaves too much space between thoughts for me to get creative.

I've been needing loud and fast lately..They seem perfect for any projects or even shopping..hehehe

I get sleepy with slower music,where fast and loud is like a brain boost or something..hard to explain..hehehe

Anyways,I play the hive a lot..:D

Edited by Ceka Cianci

On 6/22/2017 at 3:54 PM, Clover Jinx said:

Oh, Clover, Such an incredible song, such an incredible man :x This has nothing to do with the OP (sorry Dres, I'll hand it back in just a sec) but, I have loved him since I was about 3 (I have a brother who is 13 years older that played his music a lot when I was little). I have been a HUGE fan most of my life! The first pic is shortly after he became stardust, the second is self explanatory. OH,(for the first one) I'm in the U.S. so the date format is Month/Day/Year.

stars.jpg

plate.jpg

• Like 3

There is a LOT of music that reminds me of SL. It has more to do with what I was listening to than the specific content of any particular song. I've never hosted or had my own stream. I kept to myself a lot in SL and just played whatever I had, or liked, or discovered. Some of it cannot be found in any internet playable format. I discovered Neko Case when my mother gave me a big stack of Paste magazine CDs.

• Like 1

This one I heard the other day while taking pictures in my land..I had a classic rock station streaming and it came on,Now it's on my play list.

I would always hear bits and pieces of it here and there but,I never really sat and listened to the song..

It's a really good song for when I'm working on something in SL.. It has a lot of elements that I really love in a song..

Just thought I would share..

• Like 1

Back in 2006-2008, I used to go clubbing almost every night in SL. I'd log in at midnight my time (20:00 California/SLT), put on the headphones and head off to Sanctuary Rock or one of the Goth/EBM/Industrial clubs depending on who was DJ that night. I had 30 dances in an orb that I could switch between quickly as the songs changed. It meant memorizing the names of those dances and their code numbers (/99 play 26, for example). I was a clubber in RL, so wanted to reproduce real dancing in SL as best I could. Why go clubbing in SL, you ask? Well, I could smoke, the drinks were free, there was always an empty loo down the hall and food in the kitchen, I didn't need to get a taxi home and I could mute anyone who didn't play right. Unlike RL, I could easily spend eight hours straight on the dance floor (I think my record was 10 hours). It was hypnotic. Around 08:00 in the morning, I'd say good night to everyone, log out, take off the headphones and crash into bed. Gods, it was fun - and a wonderful counterbalance to my RL mentally-demanding work. Needless to say, it made a mess of my RL schedule and, after a couple years, was burning me out. Sigh, to be 18 again.

No, I'm not the girl in the video, but I did sometimes practice at home and try new moves in front of the mirror. This video captures the mood - one of the moods - of my life in SL ten years ago.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deltango Vale said:

Back in 2006-2008, I used to go clubbing almost every night in SL. I'd log in at midnight my time (20:00 California/SLT), put on the headphones and head off to Sanctuary Rock or one of the Goth/EBM/Industrial clubs depending on who was DJ that night. I had 30 dances in an orb that I could switch between quickly as the songs changed. It meant memorizing the names of those dances and their code numbers (/99 play 26, for example). I was a clubber in RL, so wanted to reproduce real dancing in SL as best I could. Why go clubbing in SL, you ask? Well, I could smoke, the drinks were free, there was always an empty loo down the hall and food in the kitchen, I didn't need to get a taxi home and I could mute anyone who didn't play right. Unlike RL, I could easily spend eight hours straight on the dance floor (I think my record was 10 hours). It was hypnotic. Around 08:00 in the morning, I'd say good night to everyone, log out, take off the headphones and crash into bed. Gods, it was fun - and a wonderful counterbalance to my RL mentally-demanding work. Needless to say, it made a mess of my RL schedule and, after a couple years, was burning me out. Sigh, to be 18 again.

No, I'm not the girl in the video, but I did sometimes practice at home and try new moves in front of the mirror. This video captures the mood - one of the moods - of my life in SL ten years ago.

OMG,I was trying to remember the name of that place the other day..Sanctuary Rock .

I remember  that place..A lot of us would go there after we were done dancing at GOL.. I think Dancing is what really got me hooked on SL..That first poseball that had dances in it just hooked me good..

I remember not knowing about dance huds and having to keep my inventory open when I was on stage,because I never used the dance poles,ever. It was a job opening and closing dances trying to stay in sync..

Had to leave a little window that I could see through,but the rest of my monitor was filled with dances and  my inventory open to my dance folder..hehehehe

I remember being hooked like that on trying to perfect everything with my dancing..so much fun..

Your post brought back really fun memories..Thank you for that :)

I miss places like Sanctuary Rock  and The edge and so many others..

• Like 3

@Ceka Cianci

Magic, wasn't it? UC Black Legion was my fave DJ at SR. He had a knack for rolling out song after song that couldn't be resisted. There was a bunch of us that would go together, sometimes as different couples, sometimes the whole group. The guys were very cool, rarely any of the usual nonsense. Staff became family. Club Zero and Demonic were also very good and the avatars were amazing! What surprised me were the number of clubbers from the UK, France and Germany. Like me, they were on all night.

I was a big fan of Emilie Autumn and Porcelain Black as well as Evanescence and Flyleaf. They rarely got played at the clubs unless I requested them. I was a big tipper, so often got a track or two. Really, it was a blast! Some of my SL memories are stronger than RL ones.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2254 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.