Question About Reporting Abuse

XantheYara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello , i'm new here , in Forum and my english is not perfectly , Sorry about that. But i need urgent help. I have blocked one person . She harrashed me , sent me money all the time , even when blocked her and i don't even know that person ! Please someone , Please help me !!! I don't know what to do anymore ! Maybe simpley stoping to play SL !! I afraid what if she still continues to doing that !!!! Also what she did , she added very cruel words with that money and i hate it ! Of course i returned all money . Thank You Very Much ! All advices are welcome !!

Edited by XantheYara

3 answers to this question

Just keep filing Abuse Reports. Each time the person abuses you, file an Abuse Report for Harassment and any other violation of the ToS.

The Lab reads every report. Sometimes the reports are only filed. Other times various levels of action are taken. But, the only thing you will hear is that they received the report. No other information is given out.

So, it may look like the reports have no effect or are ignored. But, they are in fact read, evaluated, researched, and in some way acted on.

There are groups that use Abuse Reports as a form of harassment. This forces the Lindens to take some time to evaluate reports. In some cases, they may have to build a history of the parties involved before taking action. The Lab spends a huge amount of staff's time fighting hackers, abusers, and griefers. Results are slow coming.

There are tutorials on avoiding and fighting griefers. There are also tutorials explaining scams and cons. I suggest you check out a few to get a sense of how to protect yourself. Just as in RL there are places and things you avoid to stay safe. And there are defensive measures you can take.

Hello Xanthe, welcome to Second Life.

Your English seems good to me, but if you prefer you can ask your questions in your native language (usually in the International forum) and someone will try to respond in that language.

When someone harasses you, you can block them.  That usually stops the problem.  I am not sure if a blocked person can send you money...possibly they were not blocked at the time.  However, getting money from someone is usually a good thing (however, see below for one exception).  If someone sends you a gift of money, you do not have to return it.

One exception:  A few bad people will send large amounts of $L that they have stolen to people, trying to get them in trouble.  If someone sends you a large amount of $L (like, say, $L10,000), don't spend it, and don't return it to them.  File a Support Case with Linden Lab.  Include the details of the payment from your Transaction Log, on your Dashboard page.  Ask them to determine if the money is fraudulent.  If it's not, you can keep it and spend it.  If it is, they will take the money from your account and punish the person who sent it to you.

I teach a class on Avatar Safety on Saturdays, at 12 noon SL time, at Caledon Oxbridge University.  It's free to attend!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.