Hey all,

This may be a far stretch but I figured I could give it a try.

I've wanted to learn Romanian for a while now but can't find any RL lessons near me, so I figured why not look on SL. I saw there are various language schools, courses and groups but couldn't find any Romanian ones. Does anyone know if that exists. I don't care if it's free or not, for now I'm okay with any suggestion for me to look into.

If it helps, I'm a bloody beginner, only know the odd word so far.

I'm a native speaker! I'd love to help you out xD I found it actually surprising when i saw your thread, i had to double check if you're talking about Romanian for real! Haven't seen anyone interested in learning it :D

• Like 1

Haha, I know. People can never believe I want to learn it but I think it's a beautiful language. 

It would be lovely if you could help. I have no idea how to do this, tbh, I never learned a language through another person, but maybe we can figure something out. 

• Like 1

i feel u. had to learn polish and i want my life back ... (or brain). 

no idea where to learn romanian (or any slavic slash iberic language mixes) but can tell what helped me - subtitled films and equivalent of simplified english books plus pictorial magazines. probably would be best to go looking into language courses at local colleges as yeah i get ya on needing systematic stuff. still practice with native speakers or similar like poster above offered - best to be put in foreign situations where you need to talk your way out of.