Looking for a teacher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! Thanks for reading this, I am currently really new to SL and without knowing anyone before I joined, I find it rather hard to find and meet people who have similiar interests.

I am a little/sub and I'm looking for a Daddy/Mommy or ofcourse a Master/Mistress.

I don't really know if I can just say that on here in this forum but whatevs.

Thanks for reading and if you know a place where I can meet someone or if you want to talk or anything kik me at thekhatz or ingame at puppygirlxx

Edited by puppygirlxx

Welcome to SL.

If you need any help with finding your way around SL, I'll be happy to help. Just give me a nudge in-world.

ย 

• Like 2

Welcome to Second Life, PuppyGirl!

Flying your flag in the forum is a good first step, but there's more you can do.ย Spend a little time filling out your profile. That's the best place to list your interests and state your desire to meet people who share them.ย And I suspect there are quite a few people here who will share them. ;-).

Use in-worldย search or the Destination Guide to find venues that might interest you.

Good luck!

ย 

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

I don't recommend having a teacher because your SL should be what you want to make it, not some teachers opinion of what SL should be, and believe me there are plenty of people who will try to teach you how they think you should do it. Maddy's advice is good, you should follow that, if you don't you might get an anvil dropped on your head.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I thought that was another role in her kink wish list ....Teacher/student, Parent/brat, Dom/sub, Big Bad Wolf / little lost sheep ... that sort of stuff.

Yes that is probably true, the independent woman in me is just reacting against it, you know, one of those "people who will try to teach you how they think you should do it"

• Like 1

By teacher, I assumed one who could help with the basics of navigating in SL. If it was referring to something sexual I shall withdraw my offer, respectfully.

• Like 1

Woa first of all thank you guys for all responding so fast and at allย :D
So, the teacher thing wasn't meant in a sexual way, i mean, it could be ofcourse and i'm open to that but i meant it originally in a literall sense.

Thanks for the tip on expanding my profile (may i call you Maddy as Talligurl did?)! I didn't realise people really looked at that : p
As to using the in-world search and Destination guides, that's the part where I fail.
I don't know where to go in-world to meet new people, the places i've been to were not particiullary full or with people taking an interest in a newbie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, puppygirlxx said:

Woa first of all thank you guys for all responding so fast and at allย :D
So, the teacher thing wasn't meant in a sexual way, i mean, it could be ofcourse and i'm open to that but i meant it originally in a literall sense.

Thanks for the tip on expanding my profile (may i call you Maddy as Talligurl did?)! I didn't realise people really looked at that : p
As to using the in-world search and Destination guides, that's the part where I fail.
I don't know where to go in-world to meet new people, the places i've been to were not particiullary full or with people taking an interest in a newbie.

Well, feel free to give me a nudge or just toss a friend request in-world in case you need assistance, then.

As for the Destination Guide and in-world searches; the DG is, as far as I can tell, not kept up to date. Lots of destinations no longer exist or have turned into something else, it's only really good for finding new events or scenic locations.

The in-world search can rank sims by traffic, high traffic means more people has visited that location; though some places have high traffic it may just be that you have to be there at the right time of day to catch the ongoings (clubs, for example, may have their sets around a certain time of day - whilst other venues do events on a specific week day).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, puppygirlxx said:

Oh yes.ย  Many people read profiles just for something to do while hanging out.ย  It is also very common for people who are interested to read your profile to get an idea about how to proceed.

Rule #1 - Never say anything negative in your profile. ย 
Follow that one simple rule and you are already ahead of the vast majority.

Rule #2 - Give people something they can use to start a conversation with you.
This can be favorites like books, movies, hobbies or other interests. ย ย  Even your favorite season is a good opening topic someone could use.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2017 at 1:10 AM, puppygirlxx said:

I didn't realise people really looked at that : p

ย 

ย ย  Not everyone does read them but I love reading a nicely written profile. I do it all the time and I never know where they might lead me, should I choose to follow the rabbit.

On 6/20/2017 at 6:49 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh yes.ย  Many people read profiles just for something to do while hanging out.ย  It is also very common for people who are interested to read your profile to get an idea about how to proceed.

Rule #1 - Never say anything negative in your profile. ย 
Follow that one simple rule and you are already ahead of the vast majority.

Rule #2 - Give people something they can use to start a conversation with you.
This can be favorites like books, movies, hobbies or other interests. ย ย  Even your favorite season is a good opening topic someone could use.

ย 

ย ย  Also, if you write up a nice detailed profile, when someone tries striking up a conversation with you, you can often tell whether they have bothered to read it. This can also put you ahead of that majority @Rhonda Huntress mentioned.

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
Because coulda, shoulda, did.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

ย ย ย  Also, if you write up a nice detailed profile, when someone tries striking up a conversation with you, you can often tell whether they have bothered to read it. This can also put you ahead of that majority @Rhonda Huntress mentioned.

Rather a long time ago I wrote the "About Me"ย part of my profile, and I included a phrase that mentioned I was transgendered and a crossdresser. I said if that interests you, feel free to say "Hello". I just checked and I really need to update that profile; it says I'm into my sixth year. In fact, I'm into my ninth. But I'll leave the "Hello" part in there. I have found almost without fail that strangers who start an IM with me by saying "Hello", as opposed to "Hi" or some other salutation, are people who've read my profile.

And yes, I'm bragging about how clever of me it was to do that. :-)

Update,ย 

Puppy came and found me in world, and some friends and I, gave her some LM's, one donated a basic puppygirl outfit, found her some better skin, told her where to find haor and clothes, shes been exploring, even has a profile picture now.
ย 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.