You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now is it wrong of me to send a note card to a designer/vendor asking if it was possible to get an updated version of a purchased product? Is it being a nuisance to wait another month, without reply and send a second note? Am I being a troll by seeing the designer/vendor at an in world location and sending them an IM,which was not replied to? Did I go to far by asking this person to please respond a few times then getting muted? Did I abuse the review system by purchasing their demos and leaving a review warning people that this designer/vendor has poor costumer service and is non responsive to simple inquiries? Am I such a monster that my reviews where flagged and I can no longer leave reviews for any vendor I buy from? Can anyone answer these questions honestly? I'm baffled by this designer/vendors behavior. Instead of responding to a simple request, they turn it into a huge feud that doesn't hurt me at all, as I will only spend my money elsewhere. However for them they lose one customer and and maybe more when the story gets out to others, and they  see how unreasonable the designer/vendor is being.

Edited by Suzisin Imako

I asked in this way. I saw that the item I purchased has an updated version, is it possible to get an updated version sent to me? No demands, I just asked if it was possible. They could have replied and said no, and I would have accepted that. However to not respond at all is what made me angry. I spent L$999 I've had vendors send me updates on L$50 purchases before. and many vendors have it so updates are automatically sent to all who purchased in the past. This vendor just seems to think any contact from me is malicious and mutes and reports me.

Edited by Suzisin Imako

Sorry last post wasn't quite accurate Here is what I sent in note.

"Greetings I purchased one of your outfits and recently saw you revised said outfit. I was wondering if I could get the updated version?"

Along the same lines as before, In addition I added this.

"I first sent this about a month ago, so you have had plenty of time to respond. Please don't ignore your costumers."

We only hear one side of the story and don't know why you were muted.

Always read the merchant profile before contact. Does she request IMs or notecards? Does she request the name of the product and date of purchase -- a busy creator appreciates all this Information up front. Does she have a FAQ that explains her policies? 

Now, I don't know exactly why you got no initial reply, but your second note comes off as accusatory and scolding. You don't know what happened to the first notecard -- unlike IMs they are easy to miss. The merchant may have just decided she no longer wants your business. 

Edited by Pamela Galli

I did add all purchase data, omitted it as to not identify vendor. Vendors profile seemed warm and even mentioned they would do commission work. So note from a customer shouldn't be out of the ordinary. I agree the second note did have an accusatory sense to it, but in the past all note I had sent to other vendors were responded to in 4 to 7 days, add these are high sales places with a large amount of customers. The vendor I'm dealing with now was just starting out when I made my purchase. Not saying I handled myself to the highest standard, And I am willing to make a apology for my behavior, if the vendor would do the same then things might be resolved.

It may be the merchant is in fact deranged. Or a family member died. Or the notecard was overlooked. There is no way to know -- but you assumed it was deliberate, and if it was not, the merchant was likely offended by that assumption. SL works best when you give someone the benefit of the doubt.

In any case, if you are muted, that is the end of any further contact she is willing to have. Best to forget it.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Always read the merchant profile before contact. Does she request IMs or notecards? Does she request the name of the product and date of purchase -- a busy creator appreciates all this Information up front. Does she have a FAQ that explains her policies? 

Agree on this i've seen creators even put on their listings stuff like "any problems with purchasing nothing to do with me contact LL" or "i'm a very busy important person notecards will not be responded to if i don't think it's important" basically once they've taken your money they don't want anything to do with you 

• Like 3

Yes, it was bad customer service. I have your side of the story and so I respond to that, taking your word for it. My pet hate is when merchants act superior -  we are 'busy people, don't waste our time' attitude. I prefer IMs, but I'd always respond to a notecard. Customers should be valued, not treated with disdain. I really don't understand that attitude. And yet merchants become very upset if LL show them the same disdain.

I think the tone of your second notecard was rather rude.  It is possible that the merchant didn't even see the first one, and who are you to tell someone what they have time for?;   they might have been absent from sl for all sorts of reasons.  You don't have any automatic right to updated products unless that is a specific store policy.  Naturally if an update is due to a problem with the original that's another matter, but otherwise no.  To then deliberately purchase demos simply to leave nasty reviews is utterly petty, and it was entirely right for LL to remove them.  You were attempting to bully and blackmail the merchant, and that kind of behaviour is never going to succeed.  I'm not at all surprised that you were muted after such mean spirited and entitled behaviour.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rya Nitely said:

Yes, it was bad customer service. I have your side of the story and so I respond to that, taking your word for it. My pet hate is when merchants act superior -  we are 'busy people, don't waste our time' attitude. I prefer IMs, but I'd always respond to a notecard. Customers should be valued, not treated with disdain. I really don't understand that attitude. And yet merchants become very upset if LL show them the same disdain.

So...you don't believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt? Or just not creators?

So  when in doubt, think the worst of people, and act on it? Especially when asking a favor.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

So  when in doubt, think the worst of people, and act on it?

That seems to be standard procedure in SL, yes. :P

Since I'm not being serious here anyway, I can't believe nobody's commented on the typo in the title yet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

That seems to be standard procedure in SL, yes. :P

Since I'm not being serious here anyway, I can't believe nobody's commented on the typo in the title yet.

I assumed it was a "English isn't the first language" sort of deal and didn't want to be insensitive...but I'd be lying if I said I didn't giggle a bit, lol.

• Like 1

Now is it wrong of me to send a note card to a designer/vendor asking if it was possible to get an updated version of a purchased product? No.

Is it being a nuisance to wait another month, without reply and send a second note? No, but the actual note makes you look like a tool.

Am I being a troll by seeing the designer/vendor at an in world location and sending them an IM,which was not replied to? Possibly.

Did I go to far by asking this person to please respond a few times then getting muted? Obviously yes.

Did I abuse the review system by purchasing their demos and leaving a review warning people that this designer/vendor has poor costumer service and is non responsive to simple inquiries? Yes - that's not what the review system is for.

Am I such a monster that my reviews where flagged and I can no longer leave reviews for any vendor I buy from? Since you managed to get yourself silenced, obviously you are. "Monster" is a bit melodramatic, but that's a symptom of why it happened in the first place.

Can anyone answer these questions honestly? I just did - your reaction will be interesting.

I'm baffled by this designer/vendors behavior. Instead of responding to a simple request, they turn it into a huge feud that doesn't hurt me at all, as I will only spend my money elsewhere. However for them they lose one customer and and maybe more when the story gets out to others, and they  see how unreasonable the designer/vendor is being. Takes two to maintain a feud. Outside observers don't say that the Hatfields are the good guys and the McCoys are the bad guys, or vice versa; they've managed to make themselves equal.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
Formatting.
  • Like 4

I agree with @Pixieplumb Flanagan. I don't think it was out of line for you to ask if you'd be eligible for the update. I don't know what the product in question is, and what that update entails. So being insistent on it would be questionable but simply asking seems reasonable.

You could have followed up with him without being accusatory and rude. It should be your prerogative to put your best foot forward and give the other person the benefit of the doubt. Treat them with kindness and respect.That IMO may have lead to a more successful outcome here.

• Like 3

Hi,

A few questions if I may. 

How does a person contact a vendor to inquire about the availability and other matters related to a product.  IM or Note card, and if by notecard (which I would expect would be preferable) how does it get sent/communicated?

I have bought a series of products from vendors who offer a discount/refund on an item or a "free product.  I cannot seem to get that done.  And how do I inform the dealer after I have?

On unrelated matters, the names above me and others in my view have disappeared.  How do I get them back?  I have firestorm. Also, when I look at my account there are various listings, including "people".  When I click it shows "following" or "follow".  What does that mean, and how do I know if people are following me?

I apologize if this is the wrong location for this.

Thanks to all for your help.

You should read the merchant profile for his/her contact preferences. If not specified I would just send an IM. (But then my username is No Notecards Please.)

If applying for a discount I would include qualifying transaction info, and specify what the discount is for.

Thanks for your response.  

The one vendor has indicated that purchasers of a specific product are entitled to a discount if a review is left.  Yet I cannot seem to leave a review.  Despite that I have bought two more items. 

The other vendor I am trying to reach simply doesn't have any contact information that I can find.  The product relates to landscaping and I am trying to determine more information as to where it can be placed. 

3 hours ago, JenniferAnneSL said:

The one vendor has indicated that purchasers of a specific product are entitled to a discount if a review is left.  Yet I cannot seem to leave a review. 

The product relates to landscaping and I am trying to determine more information as to where it can be placed. 

The first is mostly meant for reviews on MP, you can't place reviews there when you buy things inworld. If it's meant to review it on blogs... you'll have to start one and contact the seller afterwards.

The second... as for all things you want to place somewhere, you need to rent or own land where you can place a landscaping item. You can rezz it for a short time on a sandbox to see how it looks, but it will get returned to your inventory after some time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.