HUD to send item from prim on touch

Vicwt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!  My friend and I are putting together an even and I am hoping someone can help with scripting this.  Basically I want to create a box/server where I can put my items and she can do the same.   Then create a hud which can be shared with people.  When someone clicks on the hud, they should receive that item from box/server we created.   So the scripts in both have to communicate and I've tried searching on mp and the web but not sure if I'm searching for the correct topic because so far I've found nothing.  I'm hoping someone can point me to some tutorials on how to create this or perhaps scripts that already exist which can accomplish this.  We are beginners at scripting so any help is much appreciated. 

That's relatively easy if your HUD will always be used in the same region where your server is. Then all you need to do is send a simple message from the HUD with llRegionSay. The server then sends an object with llGiveInventory. If you have multiple objects to deal with, you'll need to write a menu-driven dialog. 

If you are not in the same region,though, communication is much more complicated. You'll need to set up a system for sending messages with HTTP.  

If you are not already an accomplished scripter, I suggest posting in the InWorld Employment forum to attract one who can write the scripts for you. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.