What is omega and catwa??? confused

badmulatto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if this is the right area to post this but whatever; Basically i bought some hair bases/ hair lines and I'm trying to make my avatar wear them and its not showing up on my avatar all im seeing is logo boxes saying 'Catwa' or 'Omega' so how do i get them to show up on my character's head, I'm new to this game and it's not making any sense to me lol. 

9 minutes ago, badmulatto said:

Not sure if this is the right area to post this but whatever; Basically i bought some hair bases/ hair lines and I'm trying to make my avatar wear them and its not showing up on my avatar all im seeing is logo boxes saying 'Catwa' or 'Omega' so how do i get them to show up on my character's head, I'm new to this game and it's not making any sense to me lol. 

"Catwa" is a brand of popular add-on mesh head; there are a number of add-on heads and bodies on the market. Accessories like hairbases made for them won't work with the default avatar. "Omega" is the name of a system of accessories that will work for a number of these bodies but they still won't work for the default avatar. It's similar to buying apps for a smartphone - you need to see if they're made for the iPhone or an Android phone, and neither will work on my cheap prepaid phone I got at Wal-Mart.

This is a good introduction to mesh body parts:

http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-tutorials/faqaboutmeshbodiesandheads/

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
Added link to body FAQ
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2499 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.