hide demo items

Poul Forzane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Poul Forzane said:

Hi

If I want to refer to a demo-version of an item, the demo has to be listed and thus visible. Some of the demos I would like to be listed and invisible at my store, but it is not possible? Why?

Poul Forzane

I'm not judging, just asking...but..why would you not want more exposure for your products, your store, and your brand, by hiding some of your products(demos)? I am honestly curious what benefit this would have for you, as a business owner (not shoppers, I understand how an option like that might help shoppers frustrated with the sheer amount of demos on mp). I've never thought a creator would want to hide some of their products.

Of course Pixieplumb did a good job of explaining why we can't do this, it's simply how listings work. Something cannot be inactive(ie, invisible) and active at the same time. The MP isn't designed like that. I'm not sure I'd want it to be, as a shopper. Most of the demos I have gotten from mp are due to me seeing something eithe ron mp or inworld that I like, venturing to that creator's mp store and browsing the wares. I might be alone in my methodology though, lol. 

• Like 1

Some merchants make the demos available only through the in world store, which would keep them off the marketplace, But I have also noticed most stores the demos are listed after the other items so the shopper who is going through the pages one at a time sees the regular items before the demos, which in a sense hides them.

24 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

But I have also noticed most stores the demos are listed after the other items so the shopper who is going through the pages one at a time sees the regular items before the demos, which in a sense hides them.

That's not possible, the merchant has no control whatsoever over what order items are listed in in their store.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.