Tier Q: "Land manager" vs "account summary"

Ricky Shaftoe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have recently returned to SL after a hiatus, and I've just sold some (group) land to reduce my tier.  I *think* I succeeded in getting my tier down a notch.  But I have two questions.

1. On the "Land Manager" section of the website, I clicked the next-lowest-tier's radio button, and the "Land Manager" indicates I'll be at that tier ($40USD/month).  But the "Account Summary" section of the site, under "Account," still reflects the next-highest tier, with a rebill date in early July.  I think that's because I have to pay for whatever peak tier-usage I had in the month before that rebill date, right?  So that my August bill will reflect the lower tier?

2. Also, I own roughly 4000m2 outright and have donated another 4000m2 to my group (of which I and my alts are the sole members). It's all Mainland land; I pay LL directly, not other residents.  I would think my 8000m2 total puts me close to the 8192m2 limit for the $40 tier.  But the "Land Fees" section says I have 4500m2 "available square meters."  How can this be?  Either I'm close to my tier cap of 8192, or I'm 8000m2 (not 4500m2) below the next-highest-tier cap of 16,384m2.  Can anyone explain this "available square meters" field?  

Thanks in advance. 

18 minutes ago, Ricky Shaftoe said:

So that my August bill will reflect the lower tier?

That is correct.

20 minutes ago, Ricky Shaftoe said:

I have recently returned to SL after a hiatus, and I've just sold some (group) land to reduce my tier.  I *think* I succeeded in getting my tier down a notch.  But I have two questions.

1. On the "Land Manager" section of the website, I clicked the next-lowest-tier's radio button, and the "Land Manager" indicates I'll be at that tier ($40USD/month).  But the "Account Summary" section of the site, under "Account," still reflects the next-highest tier, with a rebill date in early July.  I think that's because I have to pay for whatever peak tier-usage I had in the month before that rebill date, right?  So that my August bill will reflect the lower tier?

2. Also, I own roughly 4000m2 outright and have donated another 4000m2 to my group (of which I and my alts are the sole members). It's all Mainland land; I pay LL directly, not other residents.  I would think my 8000m2 total puts me close to the 8192m2 limit for the $40 tier.  But the "Land Fees" section says I have 4500m2 "available square meters."  How can this be?

Are those the exact numbers? If you pay for 8192 m2 tier you actually have 8704 since you also have the 512 m2 included in the premium membership package.

Thanks for your reply.  You answered my main question.  Yes, I was rounding a little.  The exact numbers are: 4096 owned, 4112 donated to group, 512 for premium bonus.  Paid tier level is 8192.   And yet, right under this, the site says "available square meters: 4592."   I don't understand where this number comes from.  I recall that there's a 10% bonus for group-owned land, but that certainly wouldn't amount to 4592m2; more like 411m2 or so (10% of my group-owned amount of 4112).

It's not that big a deal: as long as I'm safely at the 40USD tier, I'm happy.  I don't plan to buy more land, so I guess I won't be testing whether I really have 4592 "available."    I just don't like not understanding what that number means.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ricky Shaftoe said:

Thanks for your reply.  You answered my main question.  Yes, I was rounding a little.  The exact numbers are: 4096 owned, 4112 donated to group, 512 for premium bonus.  Paid tier level is 8192.   And yet, right under this, the site says "available square meters: 4592."

Yes, that is strange. Those figures are supposed to add up and it's not exactly advanced mathematics: Square meters owned plus Square meters donated plus Available Square Meters equals Premium Bonus in Square Meters plus Paid Tier Level - simple as that.

15 hours ago, Ricky Shaftoe said:

I recall that there's a 10% bonus for group-owned land,

THe group bonus is not included in your personal land use fee calculation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.