Cannot log into SL...Restarts?

HenryCrawford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there.

It has been a while since I've posted anything here. Usually, I don't unless I somehow can't access LL's Live-Chat feature. This is one of those cases...Anyway, I cannot seem to log into my account on either the third party viewer I use (Catznip) or the regular SL Viewer. Are there unexpected rolling restarts going on? I was playing just fine until roughly 15 minutes ago. But when I try to log in, I get an error with a link suggesting I access the Grid Status page? But I'm not seeing any indication of any restarts going on right now. So are there or is it another issue on my end?

17 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's not you. There seems to be some grid-wide issue ATM. Just be patient and find something else to do for a while (laundry, maybe? That's always a fun way to kill time. ) ?

Oh dear! Do you know how long this will be going on? And will we get any compensation as a result of this?

1 minute ago, HenryCrawford said:

Oh dear! Do you know how long this will be going on? And will we get any compensation as a result of this?

Compensation? Certainly not. What would you expect to be compensated for, anyway?  It's an unexpected interruption of service. You wait until it's fixed. And read the TOS. LL gives no guarantee of uninterrupted service.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Make a cup of tea.

How can you drink that stuff?

23 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Write a letter.

Not possible if I want anyone to understand it. I'll type it out.

24 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Wash the dog.

Have you one I can borrow?

25 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Sing. SL will be back when it's feeling better. ?

Nobody has ever felt better because I sang.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

How can you drink that stuff?

Not possible if I want anyone to understand it. I'll type it out.

Have you one I can borrow?

Nobody has ever felt better because I sang.

That's why you need a dog. They are unfailingly faithful and sickeningly poor music critics. They will get all woofy and excited about anything you do.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Compensation? Certainly not. What would you expect to be compensated for, anyway?  It's an unexpected interruption of service. You wait until it's fixed. And read the TOS. LL gives no guarantee of uninterrupted service.

Gah! I guess it doesn't really matter now anyway. We're all going to be super-disenfranchised by 2019 anyway. There's no point in even complaining anymore.

29 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's why you need a dog. They are unfailingly faithful and sickeningly poor music critics. They will get all woofy and excited about anything you do.

FYI: I can't afford a dog and my RL landlord won't allow pets of any kind where I live anyway. I guess I'll go watch the birds or watch my plants grow. I've always been a nature-lover/environmentalist at heart anyway. I don't even care if I make any more money now anyway. Blessed are the poor.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.