PLS Help<.< !!!!!!!!!!!

IamNicky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi I am having trouble with the adding on mesh heads and ive bought many meshs my problem is that everytime I try to add one on and put the alpha on to get rid of the system head my mesh head disappears idk if I am doing something wrong cause I think I am, or is it my settings? I got help from one of thecatwa contemporaries she helped me but today when I got back on it was like white rings around my eyes.....Yesterday she fixed my settings on why my head was disappearing I took it off because I didn't know how to get rid of the rings around my catwa head by my eyes.o.O

Can someone help me step by step to put on a mesh head or is there anyway I can stop the system head from popping up when I have no alpha on, cause I tried to use the "invisible avatar" mask when I used it my mesh head is gone but I'm the only person that can see it and nobody else can and everyone who helped said it was very strange and odd I really thought the same:Sas you can see I'm kinda new to this and the catwa head cause you have to put it on in a specific order or style however you suppose.

7 answers to this question

The only thing I can think of is that there is an alpha hud that is turning the head on and off, or that you are "wearing" an object in the same location as the head and thus replacing it. A system layer alpha cannot interact with an attached object, so it's impossible for it to be making your head disappear.

Take a screenshot of your outfit folder or window (the current outfit) and post it and the name of the head. That will show of you are in fact wearing the head.

Edited by HarrisonMcKenzie
  • Like 1

@HarrisonMcKenzie What I'm saying is there is nothing wrong with the heads that I use it happens with all mesh heads that I bought the point is that when I put the alpha with my mesh head the head disappears and isn't  it suppose to get rid of the system head? From meshing with it or am I wrong? I'm not sure but, when I take the alpha off my mesh head starts meshing with the system head and that's the only way everyone can see my head and its strange I even had 2 good people to help and they had to look on my laptop and they thought it was odd we see differently from each others computers.

Edited by IamNicky

@IamNicky  Use the viewer's HELP->About... to give us your viewer and computer details. We should be able to see if it is a hardware or software issue.

The Alphas that come with heads and bodies are to be worn and they do hide the Classic/System head/body. Before you put on any mesh body/head you can test the alphas. Put the alphas on the Classic body parts should disappear. Then put on your mesh parts.

The only thing I can think of is your mesh head is smaller than the classic head... O.o which could lead to alpha layer stacking problems that confuse your video card... 

• Like 1

@Nalates Urriah    Ive been searching up stuff and I kinda learned details on mesh bodies and alphas and was a bit confused cause my friend suggested me to use FireStorm program im not sure if people can see me or not i just want to learn the basic skills and its pretty rough also a mess from what i heard from other people.....:/

8 hours ago, IamNicky said:

@Nalates Urriah    Ive been searching up stuff and I kinda learned details on mesh bodies and alphas and was a bit confused cause my friend suggested me to use FireStorm program im not sure if people can see me or not i just want to learn the basic skills and its pretty rough also a mess from what i heard from other people.....:/

The viewer you use will have no affect on whether others can see you or not.

Firestorm is a good viewer. I consider it a Power User's viewer. However, it is as easy to use as the Linden viewer, just more stuff to use. If you leave it in Firestorm mode, it is very similar to the Linden viewer. Plus they have free, really good classes on the the viewer's many features.

An easy way for us to help is for you to take a screen-capture of the Appearance/Outfit panel with the WEARING tab showing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.